Seeking advice on first cruise

lass01

I'm glad I found this message board. We had just about made the decision to book a cruise for June on the Holiday....our first! Holiday is the choice simply because Mobile is only a few hours drive for us. Since it is our first cruise, would we be happy with the Holiday? I'm alittle nervous about it after reading some of the replies on the critical Holiday thread. Please what would some of you recommend for us?

Cruiseships to me are alot like cars. Do you drive the biggest & best? I drive a Chevy. I would love to ride in a Mercedes but it isn't in my budget. My Chevy gets me to where I want to go, with a ride that is OK but not the best. I have had fun on each of my cruises & was never disappointed. On your first cruise, you will think you are on a huge ship, just because you have nothing to compare it to.

Start smaller & cheaper, then see where you want to go from there.

I am not a cruise snob (some are, you'll find) Some have to be in the most expensive cabin on the biggest ship. Some make sure you know that too. Keeping up with the Joneses on water.

I have been inside cabin (yes dark, but wonderful) outside (nah---didn't like pressing my nose to the window--my opinion) balcony--great but not necessary every time. Never been booked in a suite although my SIL was. It was nice, but I thought a waste of the $600 upsell price---again my opinion/

Have a ball---you will find any vacation is what you make it!

Maybe adding the new waterpark system? I saw it on travel channel this week. Pretty nice.

I like larger and newer for a first cruise. Motion can be an issue for some. The only problem is that you use it to compare all other cruises then. If you like holiday, then the other ships will seem even better.

Here's another question....what deck should I request my oceanview stateroom? Remember this is on the HOLIDAY. Thanks again!

The PVP is trying to get us on the main deck which is the second from the bottom. Some have said lower is better for motion sickness but I'm hearing higher is better.

We like the main or upper mid ship.:)

Here's another question....what deck should I request my oceanview stateroom? Remember this is on the HOLIDAY. Thanks again!

The PVP is trying to get us on the main deck which is the second from the bottom. Some have said lower is better for motion sickness but I'm hearing higher is better.

Archived