Help Please: What transportation is available for Disneyland--San Pedro Terminal?

LadyLuck

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I last posted. With a newborn, we just thought that we should wait before we cruise again......and NOW is the time :o) Our daughter will be turning 2 in April and we have booked the NCL Star Mexican Riviera on Mar 7. We will be traveling light, so I'm thinking about not bringing the car seat since we won't be renting a car and will be getting picked & dropped off at our hometown airport. We are flying in from Vancouver, BC to LAX.

So, here is my dilemma. We will be arriving a few days early to enjoy Disneyland, and I'm looking into booking the Disneyland Express Coach bus (carseat not required on coaches). However, I have not been able to find transportation to take us from the Disneyland Anaheim area to the cruise terminal (San Pedro) that does not require carseat. I've looked up SuperShuttle, and on their website, they've indicated that if carseat is required by state law and not provided by the parents, then they will not be able to provide the service.

Any ideas from anyone? Thank you.

When we traveled to Miami to take a cruise when our girl was three, we checked her car seat on the flight. We didn't need it for the cruise, of course, but were staying a second week post cruise to visit Miami and the Keys (rented a car).

When we went to Seattle for a cruise when she was seven, we took her booster seat, which we were able to take apart into two sections, tie together with rope, and stick in a large duffle when not needed.

California does a strict rule about putting children under 60 pounds in car seats. I guess the shuttle services don't want to deal with keeping a supply on hand.

One thing to check into is renting a car when you first arrive and paying the extra fee to get the car seat (I seem to remember it's usually a dollar or two a day, that was four years ago when I checked on that). Go through a rental agency that will allow one way rentals with a return in San Pedro or close by. (if not in SP, you can always drop off everyone else and your luggage at the pier, return the rental and catch a shuttle or taxi back to the pier).

Another thing to check into is other car services. Maybe a more private shuttle company would be willing to supply a vehicle with a car seat. This may take some research, but quite possible. It may also cost more than S.S.

Archived