Why no zip line in Belize?

Megan_Strick

No deaths, thank goodness, but there has been a tour operators who hasn't paid Jaguar Paw Resort (owner of the land the zipline is on) for useage. Lawsuit is now suspended while both parties will meet on the 13th to try and work it out. You can keep track of the situation by googling Belize news.

I have booked a zipline & cave tubing excursion directly through RCI. Will this affect my excursion or does it only affect private tour companies? Thanks

Yes, it will affect your excursion. All the zipline tours us Jaguar Paw Park, which is one of the parties in the litigation.

Doesn't look positive.

http://www.channel5belize.com/index.php#a4

Jaguar Paw threatens court action against NICH/Gegg contract

The NICH agreement with Cruise Solutions is back in the news and yet another interest has thrown its hat into the anti-concession agreement ring. On Tuesday, attorney for Jaguar Paw, Elson Kaseke dispatched a letter to acting-President and Chairperson of the NICH board, Herman Byrd, demanding that NICH immediately cancel or declare the Cruise Solutions contract as void. According to Kaseke, the agreement signed by David Gegg and Diane Haylock in August was not only executed unlawfully, but will seriously affect his client’s business by giving an unfair advantage to Cruise Solutions in relation to accessing cruise ship visitors to the Caves Branch site. If there is no resolution by close of business on Friday, Kaseke says he will file and application for judicial review of the contract. When News Five contacted Byrd this afternoon, he told us he just received the letter today and as such will consult with his lawyers tomorrow.

That definitely does not look so good...and I was looking forward to trying the zipline!

I received an email from Major Tom on Friday and he told me that the zipline was to reopen on Saturday January 17.

From what I've heard, the zipline has been re-opened on January 17, 2009 and will remain opened as long as Cruise Solutions keep their end of the bargain. This entire issue it seems was caused by them as the company is trying to monopolize the Government Park and take advantage of the cave tubing and zipline tours. What audacity David Gegg has trying to force the land owner to allow him to enter her property so he can benefit from the tours and not pay her for using her facilities. I would think twice about going into any kind of business with him or any of his companies

Yes it's open. We got lucky and booked after sailing on last weeks NCL Pearl. Cruise Solutions hosted us and did a great job. Anybody doing this I suggest video as still photo's don't capture the excitement!

Archived