What Galveston hotels are open?

tawcat

I looked at one of the booking sites and for most hotels they had "na" next to availability. I can only assume that means they are not open as of yet.

Anyone living in Galveston? Would really appreciate some info on hotels and parking.

Thanks so much.

I had no trouble booking the Howard Johnson for our March cruise. I did call them direct so that I could speak with someone in person. We had 5 in our party and I just wanted to make sure that the could accomadate us in one room. They are on the harbor side of the island. They said there was still construction being done on their hotel, but only the bottom floor. They did state that they could not offer free breakfast until the Health Department gives them premission to do so. I got a rate of 130 dollars for 5 people. I don't know how nice this hotel will be, but it is only one night. As long as they don't have bugs I think I can deal with anything to get me on that boat the next morning.:)

I am finding that a lot of the ones that show no availability require a two-night minimum. If you change your request to check for two nights they will usually show rooms available. I had to give up on my favorite Galveston hotel because of that. We only need one night.

I had no trouble booking the Howard Johnson for our March cruise. I did call them direct so that I could speak with someone in person. We had 5 in our party and I just wanted to make sure that the could accomadate us in one room. They are on the harbor side of the island. They said there was still construction being done on their hotel, but only the bottom floor. They did state that they could not offer free breakfast until the Health Department gives them premission to do so. I got a rate of 130 dollars for 5 people. I don't know how nice this hotel will be, but it is only one night. As long as they don't have bugs I think I can deal with anything to get me on that boat the next morning.:)

We stayed at the Howard Johnson a couple of years ago and it was in very good condition. It was very clean and there is a gas station/convenience store next door. We parked our car for the week of our cruise with no problem. Management was very helpful and polite. We would stay there again.

Archived