Lamanai & belizecruisecruiseexcursion.com

Crusier58

has anyone recently used these people for the lamanai excursion. How long does it take to get there? Did you get back on time? Is there a particular guide to ask for? Any tricks for getting off the ship on one of the first tenders if you aren't booked with the cruise line? ;) thanks

Our party of 4 just booked with them as Carnival doesn't offer this excursion. We are on the Valor on April 19th. After reading the posts on this board as well as other sites on the internet we feel confident that all is going to work out and we will have a wonderful time. It is going to be tight and we will be watching our watches. When we heard back from Island Marketing they said that we are to try and get the 1st tender, so we will be talking to the excursion desk and showing them a copy of our booking so that we can be one of the 1st groups off. They assured us that if they don't feel we can make it back they will not take us as they know how much time it is going to take to be safe.

Our party of 4 just booked with them as Carnival doesn't offer this excursion. When we heard back from Island Marketing they said that we are to try and get the 1st tender, so we will be talking to the excursion desk and showing them a copy of our booking so that we can be one of the 1st groups off. They assured us that if they don't feel we can make it back they will not take us as they know how much time it is going to take to be safe.

I also booked through this company a couple of years ago, also on Carnival. Check with the purser's a day ahead of time and get clear directions on where to be and when. They probably won't get you on the first tender, but I went on the 2nd or 3rd and was okay. This company knows what it's doing and is aware of the time. It's a memorable trip.

Here is what I wrote a while back in response to some questions about going to Lamanai. Enjoy, it is fantastic!

Here are a few things we learned:

1. Get off on one of the first tenders. I do not know about all cruise lines tendering procedures, but we had to be a bit aggressive (politely, of course) so we could get off with the cruise line sponsored excursions. We spoke to the purser at the beginning of the cruise as well as the evening prior and they asked to see a printed reservation with the start time and said that we would have present it during tendering procedures.

2. When we went (Feb) the ship time was different from Belize time. Double check - I think each cruise line is different. We had a 7am Belize time start, which means that it was 8am on the ship.

3. Decide what you want to do when you get to Lamanai. Walking the grounds, visiting the little gift shops (some interesting things), climbing the pyramid (will take some time, but I think it is really worth it - what an experience).

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your suggestions we are so excited. I have been watching the travel and history channels and they have been showing a lot about the ruins so it has been very interesting getting the history as well. Thank you again I am sure we will have a wonderful time.

Archived