What Can I Expect Cruising In March?

peg3632

I will be leaving Long Beach on March 8 and I am wondering about the weather. What should I pack? I am going to Mexico, Puerta, Cabo and San Lucas. How will the weather be there. Will it be warm enough to snorkle? Will I be able to use the pool on the ship? I'm trying to figure if I should back for summer or spring. Thanks so much for any suggestions.

I did the very same cruise the same dates you did last year. We packed mainly jeans, shorts, tshirts but did pack hoodies. I didnt use mine my partner thought it was on the nippy side and did use his on the first and the last day of the cruise. The weather was very pleasant in PV and Mazatlan and the water was cool, but not too bad. Cabo the water was pretty cold. If you want to snorkel i would try to do it in PV. Enjoy the Pride. She is a great ship.

PS If you want to use the Water-slide try to do it on port days after you get back to the ship. It was pretty windy when the ship was moving and it was closed a lot due to the high winds.

We are going on the Conquest at the very end of March first week of April. We are going to Key West and the Bahamas. How will the weather be? How should I pack? I was thinking mostly shorts, but some jeans and a light jack just in case.

We are going on the Conquest at the very end of March first week of April. We are going to Key West and the Bahamas. How will the weather be? How should I pack? I was thinking mostly shorts, but some jeans and a light jack just in case.

We cruised on the Triumph last year from March 29-April 5 with stops in Half Moon Cay and Nassau (also St. Thomas and Puerto Rico). The weather was awesome! Prob mid to high 80's. Although it rained at HMC :(, it was gorgeous in Nassau. Be careful, we got sunburned even with sunblock (we are very fair skinned).

Have a great time, wish I was going back!

We did this itinerary on the Diamond Princess the third week of March of 2005 and our weather was different in each port. It was cool and rained while we were in Puerto Viarta. When we were in Mazatlan it was extremely hot and Cabo San Lucas was gorgeous. I did not bring any kind of a rain jacket or even brought an umbrella but I now pack one when we cruise "Just in Case". If your cruise is going to Mazatlan, try to book a cruise with Mazatlan Frank. HE IS AWESOME. We found out about him on the Princess boards. We did lie around the pool while at sea and enjoyed the weather. My husband did not snorkle on that cruise so I can't answer that question for you. If you are on the Pride, book a table in the alternative restaurant that you pay for dinner (I believe it is either $20 or $25 a person and worth every penny). I am not sure if you can book a reservation before boarding the ship like you can your excursions but definitely book the reservation as soon as you get on the ship because they do fill up fast. We did this on the Spirit and from that cruise every ship we have gone on we always book a dinner in the alternative restaurant. We are going on the Victory the third week of March and are really disappointed that they do not have an alternative restaurant. Enjoy your cruise.

We also sailed this itinerary last year the last week of March and found the first and last sea days to be very windy and cold. In fact, on the last sea day, no one was even outside on deck. I'd recommend bringing something warm to wear on those days. The weather in the 3 ports was warm enough for shorts and sleeveless tops.

And we went with Frank in Mazatlan as well. He's awesome!

We sailed out of Long Beach on the Pride at the end of March, 2004. Same itinerary.

Embarkation day and the first sea day were chilly. You will need a sweater or sweatshirt or light jacket. 2nd sea day was warm. It was beautiful and hot in all ports.....Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo. I will agree with the poster who said it was FREEZING to snorkel in Cabo, though. We did, and the water was VERY cold. Water in Mazatlan on the beach was warm and nice.

Pride is a great ship....enjoy! :)

Archived