Help with southern caribbean cruise PLEASE

spot73

i'm in a power wheelchair due a spinal cord injury. going on a southern caribbean cruise feb.2nd will stop in st. thomas,roseau dominica,curacao and aruba has anyone been to these ports and vwhat is there to do for someone in a powerchair?

We took this tour a few years ago on St. Thomas. They have an open air trolly and an air conditioned bus, both with wheelchair lifts. The tour is about 2.5 hours long. They made a few stops along the way. One stop is Mountain Top. They even put in a lift so wheelchairs can get to the observation deck. It was a very nice tour. We booked it on our own because Disney Cruise did not offer it. Also, shopping near the dock was very accessable. Hope this helps.

http://www.accessvi.com/

thank you for you reply i tried getting a hold of them by phone and e-mail but no gets back with me does anyone know any thing about the other ports

I see what you mean about trying to get in touch with them. I tried to submit a request for info on their site and the link doesn't work. I tried calling them and got voice mail. I'm hoping for a call back. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

I am a paraplegic using a manual wheelchair, and from what I can recall the ships dock right downtown in Aruba and just along a short road/walk way (and a level bridge) from downtown in Caracau, so once you are off the ship you should be able to explore quite freely in these two ports.

We took this tour a few years ago on St. Thomas. They have an open air trolly and an air conditioned bus, both with wheelchair lifts. The tour is about 2.5 hours long. They made a few stops along the way. One stop is Mountain Top. They even put in a lift so wheelchairs can get to the observation deck. It was a very nice tour. We booked it on our own because Disney Cruise did not offer it. Also, shopping near the dock was very accessable. Hope this helps.

http://www.accessvi.com/

We just took this tour through Celebrity Constellation in November. It was a lot of fun! It was $55.00 per person, Sylvester was our driver and he was VERY nice! Nancie

Archived