What is the best Family beach in Cozumel

drcruiser

I will be traveling to Cozumel on 1/21/09 with my wife, 6 yo daughter and 1yo son. Any recommendations for a family friendly and less expensive beach not too far from the cruise port?

I like Paradise beach with my family because it is lively and others do not mind the children. There is also shade available. The food is good and safe to eat. It is free to get in , they ask that you do buy their food and drinks.

enjoy

Sandy

Cozumel is a safe fun place to vacation.

It is my favorite port.

All the beach resorts are $12 -15 one way for a taxi of up to 4 people. (for 5 people to Paradise Beach...I would set a price before you get in the van of $18.00)

Sadly there are no beach resorts that are within walking distance.

We have gone to several of the beach resorts in Cozumel the past 10 years and highly recommend Paradise Beach for anyone with a family (especially kids to entertain).

There is no entrance fee. This means that the lounge chairs on the beach, umbrellas, tables, CLEAN restrooms, changing rooms and even Internet at the Bar are all free. All they ask is that you eat/drink $10 a person while you are there.

They offer an OPTIONAL (not required) $10 wristband if you want to use their water and land toys. My boys always get the wristband....hubby and I do not (we are shade people). This wristband covers...2 water trampolines, 1 iceberg, kayaks (there is minimum age to paddle one on your own), snorkeling, floats (both individual and multi people) and a bridge that goes between the two water trampolines....you can even climb a coconut tree!!

Lockers are available for $4 a day...but I am always the "locker" for our family so we have never had to use one.

I would recommend water shoes because the West shoreline of all the beach resorts can have some "spots" where water shoes would be helpful.

Tom and his staff really strive to run a clean, fun resort. There are independent vendors there that offer everything from jet skiiing to parasailing.

You can get a massage on the beach for $1 a minute (20 minute minimum) and of course...hair braiding.

We have never been bothered by vendors... but they are available if you want to take advantage of what they have to offer.

Cozumel is a safe fun place to vacation.

It is my favorite port.

All the beach resorts are $12 -15 one way for a taxi of up to 4 people. (for 5 people to Paradise Beach...I would set a price before you get in the van of $18.00)

Sadly there are no beach resorts that are within walking distance.

We have gone to several of the beach resorts in Cozumel the past 10 years and highly recommend Paradise Beach for anyone with a family (especially kids to entertain).

There is no entrance fee. This means that the lounge chairs on the beach, umbrellas, tables, CLEAN restrooms, changing rooms and even Internet at the Bar are all free. All they ask is that you eat/drink $10 a person while you are there.

They offer an OPTIONAL (not required) $10 wristband if you want to use their water and land toys. My boys always get the wristband....hubby and I do not (we are shade people). This wristband covers...2 water trampolines, 1 iceberg, kayaks (there is minimum age to paddle one on your own), snorkeling, floats (both individual and multi people) and a bridge that goes between the two water trampolines....you can even climb a coconut tree!!

Lockers are available for $4 a day...but I am always the "locker" for our family so we have never had to use one.

I would recommend water shoes because the West shoreline of all the beach resorts can have some "spots" where water shoes would be helpful.

Tom and his staff really strive to run a clean, fun resort. There are independent vendors there that offer everything from jet skiiing to parasailing.

You can get a massage on the beach for $1 a minute (20 minute minimum) and of course...hair braiding.

We have never been bothered by vendors... but they are available if you want to take advantage of what they have to offer.

WOW...thanks for the info!

is there any decent snorkeling to be done at paradise from shore?

mike

Nope. PB has a sandy beach where the sand goes out into the water. That almost always means mediocre snorkeling at best. If you want better shore snorkeling, you need to go to a place that has a rock shoreline, like Chankanaab Park or Playa Uvas.

Another option is to contact Tom at PB and see if he can arrange a snorkel tour for you. He's done that for people in the past.

If you purchase the wristband are you expected to purchase $10 worth of food?

Yup. You could easily spend $10 for two drinks or 1 drink and something to eat. Food and drinks, including ice, are totally safe to consume there.

We went right before Christmas. I think the taxi ride was around $16 each way. The wristbands were $10. We each had one. We used it for the water toys and my daughter did the bungie trampoline. It was a great time. The food is enough to share. My kids shared the chicken strips. My husband and I shared the nacho plate.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

There are links to a menu and all there is to do.

We did take sand toys and our own lifejacket for the youngest.

I'll post a couple of pictures next week.

Robin

I know that I'm in the minority, but I didn't care for Paradise Beach. We got there very early (as soon as the ship docked and we got the cab), and it was already so crowded that I had to get a chair/table 3 rows back which meant I couldn't sit in a chair and still keep an eye on my son. He was 7 at the time and just wanted to play in the sand at the edge of the water. So, one of us had to go sit next to him on the sand until after lunch when someone left in the front row. My husband ran down and claimed their spot immediately (they told us they were leaving and that we'd better take it quick). Then, we could relax a little bit. The quac and chips were fantastic, but other than that, I didn't have a good time. We're trying Nachi Cocom this time. I hope the lack of people will make our experience a better one!

I know that I'm in the minority, but I didn't care for Paradise Beach. We got there very early (as soon as the ship docked and we got the cab), and it was already so crowded that I had to get a chair/table 3 rows back which meant I couldn't sit in a chair and still keep an eye on my son. He was 7 at the time and just wanted to play in the sand at the edge of the water. So, one of us had to go sit next to him on the sand until after lunch when someone left in the front row. My husband ran down and claimed their spot immediately (they told us they were leaving and that we'd better take it quick). Then, we could relax a little bit. The quac and chips were fantastic, but other than that, I didn't have a good time. We're trying Nachi Cocom this time. I hope the lack of people will make our experience a better one!

We're still trying to figure out which beach to go to but we have til Nov. to figure it out :D My problem is we nedd something for my older kids, they'll be 10 and 7, and my little guy who will be 2 1/2. Guess i'll just keep up with the threads here as our cruise gets closer!

SF Beach Club is a nice alternative. It's a little further from the port which makes it less crowded, but still has all the water toys, barside pool, free admission, good food, etc... that the other beach clubs mention. When we got back to the boat we heard others complain how crowded the beach was, while we practically owned our little strip of it.

SF Beach Club is a nice alternative. It's a little further from the port which makes it less crowded, but still has all the water toys, barside pool, free admission, good food, etc... that the other beach clubs mention. When we got back to the boat we heard others complain how crowded the beach was, while we practically owned our little strip of it.

My only warning about San Francisco Beach is that "sometimes" they charge for their lounge chairs and umbrellas (where Paradise Beach right next door is completely free).

And I say "sometimes" because they are very eradict about it...sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

I just did not want anyone to be "surprised".....

I don't usually recommend Nachi Cocom for folks with kids because there is nothing there for kids to do. Plus at $49.00 a person for adults and $29.00 per child....it gets pricey quick.....

Our family of four usually does Paradise Beach for less than half that price.

We're still trying to figure out which beach to go to but we have til Nov. to figure it out :D My problem is we nedd something for my older kids, they'll be 10 and 7, and my little guy who will be 2 1/2. Guess i'll just keep up with the threads here as our cruise gets closer!

It truly depends on how many ships are in when you are there.

We were in Cozumel (at Paradise Beach) this past November 2008 and it was not crowded at all.

We go to Cozumel in general and Paradise Beach 4 to 5 times a year and we have never been there when it was that :crowded:....but then we don't cruise during the summer time.

Archived