When Can We Disembark?

gb58

We are booked in an AC Penthouse for the 19 April sailing of the Pearl Miami to Los Angeles. Does anyone know what time we'll be allowed to disembark? Also, we have to pick up a car from LAX. Which is better, Cab or Shuttle? Anyone know the approx. cab fare + journey time? Thanks for your input.

We are booked in an AC Penthouse for the 19 April sailing of the Pearl Miami to Los Angeles. Does anyone know what time we'll be allowed to disembark? Also, we have to pick up a car from LAX. Which is better, Cab or Shuttle? Anyone know the approx. cab fare + journey time? Thanks for your input.

Are you talking about carrying your own bags off ?

(7:30 ish) , if not , when ever by 10:30.

Are you in a rush to airport ? ( cab $55. , 30 min.) shuttle $20. pp.

Hi, further to your question of disembarking...is the time on the itinerary the time the ship docks or is that the time that passengers can begin disembarking? I understand that once the ship docks there is a period of time for the port officials to do their thing before passengers can start leaving. Thanks! :confused:

cpcanuck

Hi, further to your question of disembarking...is the time on the itinerary the time the ship docks or is that the time that passengers can begin disembarking? I understand that once the ship docks there is a period of time for the port officials to do their thing before passengers can start leaving. Thanks! :confused:

cpcanuck

It is supossed to be when the ship docks ,BUT its more a guide line.

Unless there's a reason for them being late ( weather , pirates , ect. ) they are almost always early . If it says 8 AM on the itinerary then I would assume 8:30 for walk off. But I have seen many times , people leaving the ship before posted time. Keep in mind though there can be all kinds of reasons that hold up disembark.

Are you talking about carrying your own bags off ?

(7:30 ish) , if not , when ever by 10:30.

Are you in a rush to airport ? ( cab $55. , 30 min.) shuttle $20. pp.

We'd prefer not to carry our own bags off. We have to drive to Tucson, so I reckon the earlier start the better!!

We'd prefer not to carry our own bags off. We have to drive to Tucson, so I reckon the earlier start the better!!

With NCL they let you pick when you get off. (8 - 10:30 am )

Near the front desk there are different colored tags for your lugage that you put out the night before. Each represents a time in which your bags will be ready for pick up in the pier side "Great Hall ". They will call by tag color. So pick what time you want and you are all set.

Whenever the time is that Pax are allowed to begin leaving, they will let pax who are taking their own luggage off first. Then, as suite guests, you will be next. You aren't catching an early flight so I know this isn't as big a deal to you, but for those reading this thread who might be trying to catch an early flight, just be aware that I personally have seen it be almost 9:30 before they started allowing the people carring their on luggage off. The ship is really at the hands of custom and immigration officials. That was the hold up the time we were onboard and pax couldn't even begin to start to leave until close to 9:30.

I personally have seen it be almost 9:30 before they started allowing the people carring their on luggage off. The ship is really at the hands of custom and immigration officials. That was the hold up the time we were onboard and pax couldn't even begin to start to leave until close to 9:30.

What time was the arrival, though? Was it a 7 am arrival or a 8 am arrival when the express disembarkation passengers were allowed to leave?

I know I'm not the OP, but I have a 7 am "scheduled arrival", and am trying to figure out what time is realistic to be able to leave. I'd scheduled my flight home for 4:30 pm, not realizing that NCL was going to permanently cancel the Everglades tour I planned to take that morning/early afternoon.

I don't want to hang around at the airport for 6 hours and waste my time, so I'm going to try to make it to the Everglades on my own, either by renting a car and driving myself or by finding an independent tour company that will take me.

I know that disembarkation times are approximate and are fully at the mercy of customs, but I'm just trying to get a rough idea.

Archived