NCL Eastern Carib. Itinerary with 2 year old

honeymooners11

Hi all,

We are doing a family cruise this April on the Dawn and are traveling to TOrtola, Samana, St. Thomas and NCL's private beach. We are wondering what others have done with a child similar in age in these ports???? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks In advance,

KT

P.S. - I tried search but it's down

I'm leaving on Saturday and will post a reply when a I return. However, what we've planned so far is the walking tour in Samana with our son in a stroller for this one, the Baths in Tortola, which might be a little dicey with a toddler, and an island tour for St. Thomas. We're using the private island as our beach day assuming the ship makes it that day.

We stopped in a few of those places last year with a 2 year old. In Samana we went over to the island - and if you go all the way left on the beach the kids found great shells that they still love.

In Tortola the ship's excursion on a catamaran with snorkeling was great! We had brought our own lifejacket for DS and he loved sailing! At the snorkel stop we took turns going into the water (DS had fallen asleep on the front of the boat by then!)

Have a great trip!

Thanks for your replies!! I am trying to decide what to do in St. Thomas? I would like to do Coral World and then stay at Coki Beach for a bit...My son is almost 2 and I thought that he would really enjoy this. Here is the price break down that I have so far. $21/adult and $12/child (would this include my son who will be almost 2?). These are entry fees for Coral World. Then it would be the cab there and back...is it $9/adult one way or round trip? also I am assuming that my son would sit on my lap as it is an open air taxi???

The other options would be to go to Sapphire, Megans or Emerald to hang out for a bit then head downtown to walk around.

I am having a hard time thinking of something to do in Tortola??? I would love to go to Marina Cay or Jost Van Dyke but am worried about the taxi/ferry/taxi problem...too afraid that we may miss the boat!! I don't think that I want to do another beach day, so what can anyone suggest???

Thanks in advance,

KT

Archived