How long is cave tubing excursion?

klmorg

I keep trying to find this out, but the threads I have asked it in keep vanishing, perhaps because they are considered reviews or something? Does anyone know approximately how long the cave tubing (specifically with the Major T) excursion lasts, including travel time to and from? I have a fear of making it back to the ship in time. I think we're there from 8-4 or 5. Thanks!!

My daughter (15) and I did cave tubing with Major Tom just last week. I will write a more extensive review later, but let me just say this - if you are planning on cave tubing, Major Tom is THE BEST!!!! You will not be disappointed. If you book with him, Major Tom will ask you to catch the first tenders. I believe there were about 15 of us in our group - we were transported in two vans. We left Belize City at approximately 9:30 am. The drive to the caves is about 45 minutes (on a side note, Major Tom stopped along the way at a little road-side fruit stand and bought a bunch of fresh bananas, sugar cane, pinapples and mangos which he shared with all of us). I would guess we were at the caves for about 3 hours (awesome). We stopped for lunch on the way back at a small resort, I believe called Cedar Cabins. My daughter and I both thought it was the best chicken and rice we had ever had...amazing. Some folks wanted more shopping time, so they took their lunch to go, and left in one van. We chose to stay and eat at the resort. On the way back, Major Tom pulled over to the side of the road so we could get out and take pictures of huge wild iguanas sunning themselves in the trees. We arrived back at the port about 45 minutes before the last tender (about 3:30 ish). I wholeheartedly recommend Major Tom. He is a charming man who is incredibly generous in sharing his vast knowledge of the country and culture. His group was great fun, while at the same time it was clear that safety was paramount. The day received the #1 rating on my daughters "best part of the cruise" list (even higher than swimming with the dolphins) - she's still trying to talk her father and me into moving to Belize. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!!

Archived