Dolphin Swim/Proximity to Ship's Pier

montycjv

Hi: This may have been asked before, but I can't quite seem to find it. We are arriving in Nassau by ship in April this year and the kids are excited to do the doplhin swim for the first time!:)

1. Which Dolphin Swim is closer to the Pier where the ships dock in the Nassau? Encounters or Atlantis?? How far is each or how long "should we allow" to get to each??? We want to do the swim on our own but are curious to know.... which is closer and easier to get to??

2. The best ways (transportation) and/or cost to get to them?

Thank you all for your help!!:)

Hi: This may have been asked before, but I can't quite seem to find it. We are arriving in Nassau by ship in April this year and the kids are excited to do the doplhin swim for the first time!:)

1. Which Dolphin Swim is closer to the Pier where the ships dock in the Nassau? Encounters or Atlantis?? How far is each or how long "should we allow" to get to each??? We want to do the swim on our own but are curious to know.... which is closer and easier to get to??

2. The best ways (transportation) and/or cost to get to them?

Thank you all for your help!!:)

Getting to Atlantis and Getting to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal are just about equal. The ferry terminal, maybe 2-3 minutes difference. Each will cost you $4-5 pp by cab. ( 12-15 minutes by cab)

The difference is that at Atlantis, you'll need to go to the Royal Towes front desk to pick up your tickets and then on the the property, and with the Dolphin Encounter, you'll board the ferry for the 20 minute ride to the private Island and natural lagoon.

2 very different experiences.

There are quite a lot of disappointing reviews for the Atlantis program, while the Dolphin Encounters has a sterling reputation.

If you have enough time for the Blue Lagoon program, I suggest you do it.

You will also have full beach access to the natural lagoon, and can view the sea lion program while you are there.

You will need to pay extra to enjoy the beach at Atlantis.

Also, the observer area at Blue Lagoon is up close and personal. While Atlantis makes it difficult for patrons to watch or photograph their loved ones at play.

Getting to Atlantis and Getting to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal are just about equal. The ferry terminal, maybe 2-3 minutes difference. Each will cost you $4-5 pp by cab. ( 12-15 minutes by cab)

The difference is that at Atlantis, you'll need to go to the Royal Towes front desk to pick up your tickets and then on the the property, and with the Dolphin Encounter, you'll board the ferry for the 20 minute ride to the private Island and natural lagoon.

2 very different experiences.

There are quite a lot of disappointing reviews for the Atlantis program, while the Dolphin Encounters has a sterling reputation.

If you have enough time for the Blue Lagoon program, I suggest you do it.

You will also have full beach access to the natural lagoon, and can view the sea lion program while you are there.

You will need to pay extra to enjoy the beach at Atlantis.

Also, the observer area at Blue Lagoon is up close and personal. While Atlantis makes it difficult for patrons to watch or photograph their loved ones at play.

Thank you so much for "all" the insightful information.....I have read many of your great tips, but now I think you have clarified our info. Have a great day....if we have any other questions...we certainly know who to ask!:)

Archived