Major Toms Triple Cave System?

1stcruiser1

Don't know exactly what you are asking. Just did a tour with Major Tom and we started in the river in front of the cave, went through the cave, came out, and floated down the river the rest of the way. He said he wasn't going into the first cave because the water was a little high from the rains.

just wondering how many caves he goes through, when I read about cavetubing some say they go through one, some two, when I emailed Major Tom to ask, thats what he said, we use the triple cave system. I had never heard that term used before. I just wanted to make sure we use whoever goes through the most caves.

After tubing did you stop for lunch? If so, do you have to prebook it or can you decide on it that day? Thanks, did you enjoy the cavetubing?

When I booked, I thought we were going to go through two caves and we only went through one.

We stopped for lunch on the way back for jerk chicken and rice and beans. You can tell them you want lunch when you get to the port. The beer was good there - $2.50 for Belikin.

Really enjoyed it but would have like to have gone through another cave. Maybe when the water is down he uses two caves?

The cave system that you did is called the Five Cave River system. The first entrance of the cave which is called cave 1 is the exit point. Cave 2 is entrance to another cave system called the Crystal Cave. The third entrance, where I believe you started is called the third entrance. this is the most popular but also the entrance where most tourists get cheated on. There is also the fourth entrance which is about another 15 minute hike up the trail. This is where most people pay to start their tour but they get duped and they start them from the third entrance. Once you start from the third you only stay in the cave for about 20 minutes. Less when the water is moving fast. Then you spend the rest of the time floating down river instead of in the caves. So you pay to do a river tube instead of cave tubing

Archived