Divi Beach..can anyone go there?

kikicruiser

We will be in St.Maartin later this month and I'm doing "beach" research a little late...

My question, can you just go to Divi beach from the port or do you have to book at the resort for the day?

Any advise will be welcome!

Thanks..:p

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I was in St Martin we walked to Little Divi beach from the ship - it's about 40 mins total, cut through the boatyard, along the boardwalk, through town and keep going, over the little hill (great photos of the ships available from there) and then head down the hotel driveway to the beach.

We were allowed to use the washrooms and showers at the beach and purchased beer, pop etc from the little store at the resort (and sampled rum at the store next door!!)

We rented an umbrella and a couple chairs (around $10) and had a great day, then walked back, did our shopping in the town enroute to the ship.

Enjoy:)

Jccruiser, DH and I love to try things on our own and have never been to St. Maarten before. I love the thought of trying to get to Divi on our own. Do you have any more detail for us as to the route so we don't get lost along the way or will your directions make sense when we arrive? Thanks for your time.

Archived