Transportation from Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale airport

kaw904

We have booked a cruise (4 of us) on the Freedom in May. It is leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. How difficult is it to catch a cab to the airport after the cruise? I did read a post that someone had a nightmare trying to get a cab and wonder if this is really the case and if I should book the Carnival transfer to the airport?

Thank you.

After the cruise there are lots of cabs and shuttles to the airport. We have done it that way before and found it fast and inexpensive.

On our Freedom cruise (got back on Sunday) we had purchase Carnival air that included transfers. We hauled our luggage over to the busses, and were told to hop on. There was no a/c running and man alive was it hhhhhhot. We waited at least 20 minutes with no a/c - felt sorry for those that were on the bus way longer. If I had to pay extra out of pocket for the transfer I would be so disappointed!!!

Go with SAS TRansportation--$15/pp and they come ON TIME and take you wherever you want to go in the area. You reserve on their website and they will call you and e-mail you to confirm. They are excellent and I'll definitely use them again.

Archived