What are you allowed to carry on excursions?

2-laner

We will be taking an excursion to Lamanai. There will be my two tweens and myself. When we go hiking and touring, we always carry a backpack with a few needed item: water, bug spray, sunscreen, ID, etc. Will we be allowed to take one on and off the ship, or will this cause problems with dock/ship authorities? I am assuming it is okay, since some people have huge purses and tote bags on excursions, but really can't find anything officially that says so.

We did Lamanai with DD (20 year old). She carried her backpack with water, mp3 player, towel, camera etc. (Also desert from lunch to have as a snack later as well as the souviners)....The only problem is that she was half way up the pyramid climbing when she realized she was lugging it up there as well:D

Excellent point. We'll remember to go as light as possible. How was the stair climbing there? It looks steep, but I saw a rope that some were using. I have heard that the trip down is the hardest. What did you think? And one of my daughters wants to know if it would look too silly to 'butt bump' all the way down? :)

Archived