Ziplining in Ketchican

Zoolander

Just spoke with the people at Alaska Canopy Adventures about booking an excursion with them. We will be on the Mariner going from Anchorage to Vancouver on the May 20th cruise. Question: We were going to book a zip-line excursion for 2pm (must meet van at 1:30 pm) and I was informed that that "could" be kind of tight with the Mariner arriving at 1pm (in case of rough seas). I guess normally the Mariner is early. I was informed I could wait 30 minutes and go with the Regent's group excursion.

With the challenges with the rssc website right now, can anybody give me any reason why I should try to go with Regent on this or just book individually like I was planning on.

Third cruise with Regent, but first time to Alaska...can't wait.

Thanks in advance.

I did this excursion through Regent a few years ago - it was a lot of fun! If they are willing to let you go with the Regent group if you miss your van this sounds like a win-win situation. The only risk is if your cruise gets delayed (as my most recent one did back in December- the Voyager 12/1 cruise which ended up departing 12/2 and moved most of the ports out by a day) - if you end up arriving on a different day they may not honor your private reservation. On this most recent crusie, in addition to arriving a day late to most ports, we actually arrived into Cozumel later than the revised schedule (maybe by a 1/2 hour) but since we had booked our excursion through Regent we did not have to worry about missing a private tour.

From what I recall, in Ketchikan the ship pulls right up to the dock so you should be able to get off the ship pretty quickly after you arrive and the vans are right there.

Archived