Opinions on this dress please

katmu

katmu,

I scored a BIG one today!

I got to a Banana Republic and found the purple dress I posted earlier but in the pink that I liked better. They had it in a 12 at $54.99 but that was too big so I checked the petites and found my size. What's unbelievable is the petite size was down to $22.99 and it was an extra 30% off so I got it for $16.:D The original price was $150.

Ok, so yesterday I went to look for jewelry to wear with the 2 dresses I have. And of course, I just had to take a look at the evening wear section (just to see I told myself). I found this dress on sale and bought it. It was just so beautiful even though it's a bit more formal than I was planning to go.

FW07_D9309_F_AUG_0016zoom.jpg

This dress is beautiful! I love the square neckline. They are difficult to find and I think they are so becoming. The color is wonderful. You did good!:D

Iheartbda- Awesome deal!! I have gotten some great deals on Petite things at BR. Only 2 of our locations here regularly carry the Petites line, but I've noticed that if the other stores get returns on Petite items they mark them way down.

Drew's wife- I tried on both of the long dresses yesterday with the shoes and accessories. I think I might become a dress addict too. I feel so pretty, and suprisingly tall in the long dresses.

Iheartbda- Awesome deal!! I have gotten some great deals on Petite things at BR. Only 2 of our locations here regularly carry the Petites line, but I've noticed that if the other stores get returns on Petite items they mark them way down.

Drew's wife- I tried on both of the long dresses yesterday with the shoes and accessories. I think I might become a dress addict too. I feel so pretty, and suprisingly tall in the long dresses.

I see your cruise is not until April so there is still is still time! Jkudzu and I will hop the next flight out and be at your place first thing tomorrow for an intervention!:eek: Uh, no is that really what I meant, I think I meant a girly shopping kind of thing!:D I don't think you might, become a dress addict, I think you HAVE!!!:D

Ok so I purchased this dress on ebay. The blueberry color, shape was very appealing to me. It arrived and fits well. The problem I have is the fabric. It's such a thin cotton. It feels too casual to me. I would wear it as a bathing suit coverup, but the crystals are a bit much for that....does this appear to be too casual to you?

dress.jpg.cb321cf377051a273359a8dd900ec345.jpg

dress2.jpg.aca9f7d40259263e545f8627a78bd2e9.jpg

Would this dress be dressy enough for one of the cruise elegant nights on Carnival Valor? Mine is black instead of the brown shown in the photo. I'm trying to pack light but I want to be appropriate.

F106_B1503_F_33A_zoom.jpg

Here's the current dress code policy:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Yes that is definitely dressy enough. I was just planning on wearing nice pants and a nice top...:confused:

On Carnival, that will be fine. On other cruiselines, it's not really "eveningwear", but you could wear it.

She would have been fine on my last HAL and Celebrity cruises. Heck, she would have been overdressed on my NCL cruise and over dressed on the last Carnival cruise that I took, 5 years ago.

I bought 2 long formal dresses, so I'm bring the black wrap one for our dinner in the supper club. I know that most of the women probably won't be wearing long dresses, but those happened to be the 2 that I liked best.

KAt I have too been in situations like you. I went on an NCL cruise that is really formal optional, yet I like and prefer evening gowns. I wore an evening gown to the alternative resturant, I was not in the majority but it did not matter to me. As long as you feel comfortable not being in the majority then a long gown on Carnval is fine.

Hey I remember our last time on Carnival. On a port day we had lunch that made me kind of sick so I skipped dinner on thier optional formal night. So the last night when most dress casual,l I wore what I had planned for the formal optional... Hey I was disappointed that I did not get to wear what I had planned, so I thought what the heck. LOL, no one sent me back up to cabin to change!

KAt I have too been in situations like you. I went on an NCL cruise that is really formal optional, yet I like and prefer evening gowns. I wore an evening gown to the alternative resturant, I was not in the majority but it did not matter to me. As long as you feel comfortable not being in the majority then a long gown on Carnval is fine.

Hey I remember our last time on Carnival. On a port day we had lunch that made me kind of sick so I skipped dinner on thier optional formal night. So the last night when most dress casual,l I wore what I had planned for the formal optional... Hey I was disappointed that I did not get to wear what I had planned, so I thought what the heck. LOL, no one sent me back up to cabin to change!

Smooth Dancer, when we took the four day Disney cruise-it had no formal nights-but you were expected to dress up for Palos. My daughter and I wore formal gowns there, and we dressed early to get a family portrait taken. We got many compliments, some people sounded half wistful, as though they wished they had dressed up. Of course we explained we were eating at Palos.

However, when we got into Palos, I saw most women had on either "church" dresses or simple LBDs. Most men had on only collared shirts and dress slacks. My hubby was the only man wearing a suit and tie that we saw. We did not mind! Palos had GREAT food and in my opinion, deserved to be dressed up for! and we have a lovely picture of the 3 of us from that night.

Archived