Island Marketing's Grand Cayman Wave Runner Stingray City Adventure

southern cruising couple

Has anyone taken the Grand Cayman Wave Runner Stingray City Adventure through island Marketing?

I have used Island Marketing for booking excursions in Cozumel so I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them in Grand Cayman...particularly this tour...

It is $70 per person when sharing a wave runner...you follow a caravan of wave runners to Stingray city for about 30 mins then return to the resort at which you start...the reosrt name isn't mentioned though....but it says you can stay there after the tour for as long as you like enjoying the beach, pool, bar, etc...

I would love to hear from you about this before I consider booking it....My cruise is in Feb. Thanks!

I came here to post our experience about this excursion and saw your question so I will post my review as a reply. I originally had an excursion scheduled with Island Marketing for this past July, but my mother died suddenly and we had to cancel the day before our ship sailed. They were very understanding and although they couldn't refund my deposit, they kept it on file and we used it this past December. For this trip we were a family of four, 55 year OLD parents and our youngest children, a boy 16 and a girl 18. We have been on several cruises and have actually already been to Stingray Island, but our daughter was upset with herself because she wasn't very brave back then and wanted to try it again. We reserved 4 wave runners as nobody wanted to share. We were picked up right where we were told at the time we were told to be there. We were driven to the Grand Caymaian resort, where we were met by our guide, Craig. He's on a work visa from Jamaica and was quite a pleasant young man. We've all driven motorcycles and four wheelers, but never wave runners, so we weren't sure what we were getting into. We got our life vests, and listened to our safety briefing. (Keep your key clipped to your life vest so if you fall off, your wave runner will stop. The faster you go, the more you will stay on top of the waves. Any questions?) We left our valuables and towels in a little open air shack and were assured they would be safe and they were, although it was not Ft. Knox. We left our cameras because we couldn't see how to keep them dry. We had to walk over some sharp rocks or coral to get to the wave runners. You will need rubber flip flops! Craig drove ahead of us and we stayed two on each side and a little back of him, keeping plenty of distance between us all. The teenagers would hang back for awhile and then race back to their spot. Even this grandma felt like she was flying over the water. The wind was blowing pretty good that day and we were slapped with a lot of salt water, but it didn't really hurt. It stung your eyes a little. We really couldn't wear sun glasses, so we put them in the little jockey box of the wave runner. If it won't embarrass your teenagers too much, I would wear goggles if I was doing it again. Craig brought some calamari and we all fed the stingrays. He picked up a couple and showed us up close. Then we drove to Rum Point, where we parked in the ocean and walked on to shore. It was nice area with a lovely little restaurant on the beach. We bought lunch, paying in dollars, a lot of dollars, and then rode back to the resort. We could have stayed at the resort, but we chose not to. They had a hot tub and a swimming pool. We used the shower to rinse off and then we used their transportation to the shop where they picked us up, just a few minutes walk from the ship. The transportation was $5/person each way, the cheapest way I could find. This was definitely a hit with everyone. You know that commercial for RCI where the family is trying to find something they lost which turns out to be the smile of their teenager daughter? Well, our children were smiling, big smiles. It's spendy, but I'd do it again in a minute. Have a great time.

We also did this tour about 1 1/2 years ago and it was a blast. Isk review is right on (including the goggles and water shoe comments). When we went, they didn't offer the transportation option, which did cause us some problems. I would definately take their transportation. Will be going back to Cayman's in 12 months and will be taking this tour again. My kids were 13 and 16 when we took the tour, and they loved it. It was, however, a little strange that they wanted to be paid in cash (other than the deposit), but it all worked-out just fine.

• 1 year later...

Comments on ground transportation should be noted. The departure point at The Grand Caymanian (now named the Ramada) is not right on the main route that most of the buses and taxis go. It would be much easier to use their transport and the rate is actually pretty good.

• 1 year later...

Archived