Anyone used a DiCaPac camera "bag"?

cheap_geek

Wondering if anyone has used one of the DiCaPac underwater "bags" for a digital camera...what are your opinions?

I'm thinking of buying one for an "older" digital camera of mine, which they don't make a hard underwater housing for. I'm thinking that going this route would be better than buying several disposable underwater cameras. 27 pictures will just NOT be enough in Belize and Cozumel, and I'm thinking the quality on the 4.1MP camera has got to be better.

Thanks in advance :)

Just back from the Valor, and we used one of the DiCapacs. It was wonderful! Especially in Sting Ray City - DH got some awesome shots from underneath the Rays. It was nice to be able to zoom, on certain things. I will say that it was sometimes hard to see the screen with the sun glare, but the pictures came out ok anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on using a Dicapac? My camera always seems to want to use the flash in any light. But I can turn it off. Does it matter?

Best price I can find for mine (wp 510) is $30.53 on Amazon, with free shipping. Anyone know of a lower price?

Ok, so I have come back with some great pics using the Dicapac! My "older" digital did pretty well. Only thing is that since the waves are moving you, some of the shots were out of focus. Good thing I took around 200!! (3 different excursions though) The bag sealed perfectly, and was pretty simple to use. One other strange thing for my camera (it was somewhat small inside the bag) was that I had to be a little careful where the lens was inside the lens 'tube'. A few of the shots I have a partial black ring....nothing I can't crop out though.

For the $35 I spent, and the number of good pictures I got, I'd say it was a great deal!

Any tips on using a Dicapac? My camera always seems to want to use the flash in any light. But I can turn it off. Does it matter?

I used mine with the flash because my camera seems to force you to hold still in the non-flash mode. If you dont, you get blurry images. Its very hard to hold still while snorkeling. Other than that, I don't think it makes that much of a difference with a compact camera flash. -jeff

Mine came on Saturday. The main instruction are fine, but the instructions for the extension ring are written in code:

"This product desires that stick out of lens electively to only long some digital camera than Dicapac hard packing length"

:confused::confused::confused:

Archived