Train from Milan to Venice

Train from Milan to Venice is about 2 ½ hours (ES or IC). Add a good hour or more for local trains. Milan trains leave from Milano Centrale (downtown). There are two airports in Milan and you did not specify which one.

Rates are E35 (1cl) or E25 (2cl) on the ES trains. Suggest that you visit:

http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html for more train details.

Maybe this will help too.

We arrived at MXP Milan Airport.

Once we got our baggage and left that area, we found a kiosk that sold bus shuttle tickets. The kiosk if I remember right, was in the shape of a bus front.

We got our tickets, walked down on the right of the terminal (facing the street from inside the airport) and found the shuttle buses. After a quick stop at another terminal, the shuttle drove for about 45 minute to the train station in Milan.

From there we took the train ride on the fast train, approx 2.5 - 3 hours. We did pre-buy our tickets for this as we were arriving into italy and getting a train that day. I pre-purchased my tickets on trenitalia site. I chose the regular fare, a bit more than other discounts, as it allowed some flexibility in case we missed the train.

Archived