shore excursions

KnightsofColumbus

I thought Carnival had a policy of only allowing you to book excursions 120 prior to the cruise and only when the cruise was paid in full. They must have changed this policy because I just booked a couple excursions 191 days out without paying for my cruise in full. Does anyone know when this changed? They actually have a whole list of excursions for multiple islands 191 days from the cruise.

I thought Carnival had a policy of only allowing you to book excursions 120 prior to the cruise and only when the cruise was paid in full. They must have changed this policy because I just booked a couple excursions 191 days out without paying for my cruise in full. Does anyone know when this changed? They actually have a whole list of excursions for multiple islands 191 days from the cruise.

Just to clarify it was never a policy that you had to pay in full, just be fully deposited. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_WhenCanIBook.aspx

While they use the 120 days, it use to be 180 days prior. With that said I have seen some show up 250+ days in advance. It just depends on the excursion. I think they just dont want folks calling them until they are closer to the sail date :)

We sail in two weeks (!) and some excursions are still available for booking.

As an aside question: if an excursion sells out online, are there spaces held for sale onboard?

Not unless someone cancels.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_SoldOut.aspx

Check back often. Unfortunately, it does happen that some of the more popular shore excursions will sell out. However, cancellations may occur from time to time. We recommend that you book all shore excursions as early as possible after booking your cruise and meeting all deposit requirements for each of the guests you are booking shore excursions. If an excursion is not available, you may want to search for alternate excursions within the same activity type or see the Shore Excursion Manager onboard to check for last minute cancellations. The option to wait list an excursion is not available at this time.

Archived