Restaurant recommendations for Barcelona??

Can anyone give us some good restaurant recommendations for Barcelona? Our ship will be in port until 11 p.m., so we would like to have dinner at a good restaurant. Looking forward to hearing everyone's suggestions.

Thanks.

Sue

If you like to eat Tapas for lunch go to "Tapa Tapa" (Passeig de Gracia). For dinner walking in the narrow streets of the Barrio Gotico, you will find nice typical restaurants (look at the Menu and price list outside)...unfortunately I do not remember the one we stopped at for our dinner...

One of the best and most fun meals we had in barcelona was at cal pep. No menus only what is fresh in market that day. If you do go - go early waiting in front of the resturant before it opens. Placa de les olles,8. For paella resturante 7 portes. Passeig d isabel 14. You must order a bottle of cava.enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

For a nice, but not unreasonably expensive dinner (almost) on the beach, try Aqua. We ate there last summer and loved it. We were able to make reservations in advance and the food was excellent-- there were also some reasonable wines. You can eat indoors or out on the patio, which is divided from the beach by a wall about the height of the tables, if I remember correctly. Beautiful view out to the ocean.

If your ship leaves at 11 , it means you have to board at the latest by 10:30. Earliest you'll be able to get a table at a restaurant is 8:30 and dinner in Spain is not a fast affair. I would recommend you do lunch instead.

I really liked El Taller de Tapas for a casual lunch. They have a couple of locations, but the one I liked the best is in El Born section, by the Basilica Santa Maria del Mar.

Archived