Help with Vancouver Hotel Choices

Hi,

We are 2 couples looking for a 1-night pre-cruise hotel. We will be arriving late (11 pm), so we don't need anything fancy...just clean, safe, comfortable and convenient to downtown attractions. We want to make the most of our short stay. The following hotels are reasonably priced and have at least average ratings on TripAdvisor:

Ramada Limited, 435 West Pender Street

Moda Hotel, 900 Seymour St

Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, West End near English Bay, Seawall

Buchan Hotel, West End

Vancouver YWCA, 733 Beatty Street

Does anyone have any suggestions or warnings about these hotels? We're also open to new suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

Faith

All budget hotels that have seen finer days except Coast Stanley Park. But if you are considering the Coast you might want to check out the Sylvia. Older hotel lots of character on the water and more than reasonable pricing. Home of Mr. Got To Go, the subject of two childrens books. sylviahotel.com

ps I drove cab in vancouver during my uni days and still live here

ps I drove cab in vancouver during my uni days and still live here

Don't mean to hijack this thread but was looking for hotels in Vancouver and have another question I'm hoping you can help me with. My cruise returns to Seattle on May 22 and I'm thinking of going to Vancouver for a couple of days. Flying from Seattle is fairly simple but I was wondering if there are any interesting alternatives, a train maybe? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I'll check the Sylvia out on line but do you have any input about the Sheraton at Wall Centre?

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Just thought I'd let you know that I had a TERRIBLE experience at this hotel. It was actually a nice place, and if it weren't for the noise I would definately stay there again. However...did not sleep a wink, as it seemed there were taxis loading and unloading and people yelling in the street until at least 3am. It was brutal...

L

Archived