Grocery Market Near New Orleans Pier

nizurc

Anybody? I was just going to post the same question and then saw this. We are staying at the Prince Conti hotel and would like to purchase the same things plus (don't flame me :cool:) some michelob ultra, and a box of wine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! When we did this in Miami I swear we walked three or four miles looking for a place, and we don't want to do that again.

There is a place called the Cajun Market at the corner of Julia Street and Convention Center Blvd. Go to google maps and you can see the front of the store when you go down to their street view. Google's street view is a pretty neat way to look around an area you may travel too. Not all locations have the street view, but this location does.

Good luck on getting liquor onboard the ship, they have been checking pretty good lately. I believe they still allow soft drinks.

Never stopped in the place, but remember it being there. It might just be a tourist pit stop type of place. There is a Walmart about 1 mile from the port, up river at 1901 Tchoupitoulas Street. You would need to take a taxis there and back. Don't try to walk it, the area is not safe. You should be OK at the store, but the surrounding area is bad.

There is a Rouses market at 700 Royal Street, the closest thing to a supermarket in the downtown/French Quarter area. The price and selection are much better than at the mini marts like the one at Julia and Convention Center Blvd.

Archived