Can DH and I combine our visa points?

I have just under 75K and he has just under 50K - our cruise isn't until October so we have plenty of time to hit those marks - If we do, can we combine our points for a 125K cert? They are seperate cards/different accounts. I have read that you can sign the certs over...would this work?

I have a feeling the answer will be no but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:o

We are booked in a D2 balc with the kids in an inside L. If we cant combine how would you experts apply the points?

Thanks!

~Connie

Absolutely, YES you can apply both sets to the same cruise. I just did it with on board credit. You just have to have 5000 point increments for each card, for instance you can't combine 2000 from one account to 3000 from the other account to make 5000. Hope this makes sense.

I'm not sure if that will work since the OP is looking to get the 125k certificate for the free cruise for 2. It's not an option on the lower certificates- only on the 125k certificate has it.

Absolutely would work if they wanted to combine for obc by using multiple 5k certficates like Sue suggested.

You're right - I did want to combine for the free cruise. :(Oh well. Didn't think so but I've learned on these boards that it never hurts to ask!

Still have time to spend but I doubt I'll hit the free cruise mark by myself...although it'll be fun tryin!:cool:

So...since I probably wont hit the free cruise amount how should I apply the points? mine: 75k and his: 50K Should I go for the upgrade and have that applied for money off or do the OBC? Again, we have a balc and an inside.

In your experience whats the best value?

Thanks so much!

~Connie

Archived