Stingray frustration

AmyDawne

I'm sailing into GC on March 1st at 10 am. Native way was my first choice for a tour (I'd like to see the starfish beach too lol), but they're booked solid. Moby just told me that our ship is known for being late and that I wouldn't make it on time for their tour.

Seeing the stingrays is a highlight I REALLY don't want to miss (pretty much the main thing I'm excited about on this trip), and I'm worried that I won't be able to book anything once I arrive. I really only want to spend the $40 on the trip - does anyone have any advice? OR does anyone who's arriving at the same time want to charter a private trip with Eco?

Thanks,

Amy

I'm sailing into GC on March 1st at 10 am. Native way was my first choice for a tour (I'd like to see the starfish beach too lol), but they're booked solid. Moby just told me that our ship is known for being late and that I wouldn't make it on time for their tour.

Seeing the stingrays is a highlight I REALLY don't want to miss (pretty much the main thing I'm excited about on this trip), and I'm worried that I won't be able to book anything once I arrive. I really only want to spend the $40 on the trip - does anyone have any advice? OR does anyone who's arriving at the same time want to charter a private trip with Eco?

Thanks,

Amy

We've booked with "Stingray Sailing" on the sailboat Far Tortuga. Their price is $45 per person and it has gotten awesome reviews AND they have been excellent to work with. Fast prompt friendly replies to e-mails and the boat looks nice. They will even stock the boat with our "favorite" brands of drinks. We are so excited. Take a look at them.

stingraysailing dot com.

We are going with Captain Marvin's in February. We have sailed with Captain Bryan's in the past (and had a great time), but wanted to try a different tour operator for a different experience. The tour is $35 and you can just google the name to find the website. Good luck!

Used Capt Bryan two years ago and have booked him again for our trip next week. He just sent me this info:

We also offer a 3hr tour, which runs from 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM. The meeting time is between 9:30 - 9:45 at pick up area for a 10:30 departure tour. We do three snorkel stops and they are the shallow Stingray City Sandbar, the Barrier Reef and the Aquarium. The rates are US$39.00 per person and US$27.00 per child 10yrs and under. If he knows a ship is coming in later, ask if he may be willing to change the time. We just walked to his office about 10-10:15 for our trip.

It is very important to me that I'm on a sailboat, not a snorkel boat. Engine noise & gas fumes bother me, and Capt Bryan's catamaran is wonderfully quiet, smooth and by nature of its design, will likely have a smaller group . First time I used Capt Marvin, they were good and the guide fun, but it was a larger snorkel boat. Not everyone cares about this point, but I chose the tour operator and time of tour depending on the boat used.

We are going with Captain Marvin's in February. We have sailed with Captain Bryan's in the past (and had a great time), but wanted to try a different tour operator for a different experience. The tour is $35 and you can just google the name to find the website. Good luck!

Captain Marvin's is awesome. You will love them. They are very personal and go out of their way to make the experience a good one for you. I have been to Cayman three times and used them every time. This last time I was there my boyfriend is terrified of deep water and they got in with him at the coral gardens and pulled him around in a life ring. They also made sure we had plenty of time away from the crowds at Stingray City. I can't say enough good things about them.

Archived