Anytime dining Maitre'd questions

travel2much

It is my understanding that if you go see the Maitre'd as soon as you get on board he might be able to give you a set time for each night we are wait listed for early but have any time dinign, if he can do anything for us.Do you give him a tip or say thank you?read other post were they give the Maitre'D a tip. Not sure what the right thing to do is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have done this before. I make it my top priority as soon as boarding. Go to the dining room and speak with the Maitre'd. Just say that you would like to have a set time and table for each night and he should be able to accomodate you. As far as tipping goes, thats up to you. I haven't tipped in these situations and everything has always worked out for me.

Can you make reservation for different dining rooms? I read there are 4 dining rooms, each with a different theme.

As for 4 dining rooms they are on the smaller ships. Which I have never been on. Maybe you can request a different dining room. :confused:

On the bigger ships they only have 3 - one Traditional and two Anytime.

Themes are identical.

On this type of ship, you can request which dining room you prefer, but that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Can you make reservation for different dining rooms? I read there are 4 dining rooms, each with a different theme.

Thanks

You are most likely referring to the Diamond or Sapphire, which is the only ship with 4 diningrooms. Yes, each one has a different specialty, but the regular menu is the same. You can also request the Asian specialty in the Southwestern room, etc. etc.

Archived