Cost of a mixed drink with Crown?

Lisette128

I'm trying to decide if a 750ml bottle of Crown Royal Special Reserve is really worth 100 in a bar setup in my room. This is crazy to think that I would pay that much....but I'm just wondering what the math really is? Maybe it is cheaper!

Does anyone know the cost of a mixed drink (crown and cranberry or crown and coke) on the Jewel (or other ship)???

Thanks

Lisette128

I'm trying to decide if a 750ml bottle of Crown Royal Special Reserve is really worth 100 in a bar setup in my room. This is crazy to think that I would pay that much....but I'm just wondering what the math really is? Maybe it is cheaper!

Does anyone know the cost of a mixed drink (crown and cranberry or crown and coke) on the Jewel (or other ship)???

Thanks

Lisette128

Are you picking up the cranberry or coke when you get off the plane (or are you driving)? Otherwise, you can't really compare the cost of individual bar drinks with the cost of the in room bar set up.

Bar set up: There is the convenience of having the liquor in your room if you want a drink while the other person is getting dressed, or just enjoying your balcony, or having friends in, or when you don't want to be dressed, but just have a drink in your jammies etc, without calling room service to get a drink. But unless you drink it straight, you have to buy mixers either ashore or from the mini bar. If you are using minibar cokes that's what $3 a can? Do they have cran-apple on the ship in cans?

From the bars or room service: At roughly $6 per serving, I think a bottle gives you 22 drinks, so that's $132 from a bar. It has the mixer in it, of course. Compare the cost of 11 cokes @ $33 and it works out to exactly the same, doesn't it.

So it's up to you.

Archived