Queens Grill

Selfloadingcargo

If you ttttwo are going tttto make fun of me tttthen I'm notttt playing.

Gari

You mustttt *e running outtttt *y now. Place your nextttttt order prontttttto. Do you ttttthink *o*natttttt is dafttttt enough to *uy a few tttthousand? I tttthink I shall answer my own questttttion: affirmattttive.

Sir Martttttin

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wacko.gif

If a person leaves this place for a moment they are swamped with pedants and other oddities.

The cat asked, most politely and respectfully, for a donation and I received an extra 't' in exchange. As we are newly best friends it was the least I could do.

Soft leather shoes for gentlemen have always been called pumps, especially if they are intended for dancing. But then one must be a gentleman, or lady, to know that.

THE hoi poloi, (see post by Gari the Guru, miles back) wouldn't have access to that information even with the flashing and flaunting of $50 bills. Good grief how cheap!

I would expect $100 at least!

I'm terrified to post this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a person leaves this place for a moment they are swamped with pedants and other oddities.

The cat asked, most politely and respectfully, for a donation and I received an extra 't' in exchange. As we are newly best friends it was the least I could do.

Soft leather shoes for gentlemen have always been called pumps, especially if they are intended for dancing. But then one must be a gentleman, or lady, to know that.

THE hoi poloi, (see post by Gari the Guru, miles back) wouldn't have access to that information even with the flashing and flaunting of $50 bills. Good grief how cheap!

I would expect $100 at least!

I'm terrified to post this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you're shaking in your boots--errr-- pumps! And I am not!!!

All l can say is that the OP must be totally confused by now ;) Poor sod must think we are all quite mad! :confused:

J :)

LOL J--the OP actually seems to have realized that he will be traveling with a group of very nice people all with a great sense of humor! And if he hasn't, he will once onboard!:)

I've *************een and *************oughttttttttttttt a ***********ucketttttttttttttt-load of *******************'s. May*********e we can we gettttttttt *******************ack to whattttttttttttever consttttttitttttttttuttttttttttttes normal on ttttttttttttthis *******************oard.

Gari

!!!!!!!!

OK, I have looked high and low for men's pumps. I finally found something that was not a pump-up sneaker, or other unmentionable items. I am from the US and the only pumps that I have ever considered pumps were the high heeled shoes for women. Now, I finally found an advertisement and picture of a man's pump, after much searching, I might add, and it happened to have a bit of history about the shoe within it. Now, to insinuate that I am not a lady because I didn't know that, is a bit rough. But I have learned that, yes, there is a shoe for men called a pump, mostly worn in the last century, and mostly worn in Europe. So for that I thank you. Perhaps you will learn that the pump for men is not exactly a big ticket item in the US.

Shoes for the Formal Wear

[This shoe, it is the final, unchanged remenant of the 19th century formal wear, the only item still sometimes worn, that would have been worn by the gentleman who was to be received at the royal court 150 of the years ago.

Such the gentleman he would have appeared in the knee breeches with the silk stockings. Today, the knee breeches they are gone, the cut of the coat it has changed, the neck tie it is different, but the formal shoes, they are the same. And so these they are the original “court shoes”. (The word “pump” for the shoes, it is thus the derivative of the word “pomp”.)

In the general, the American men, when they can be wrestled into the formal wear, do not wear the opera pump, mostly because they believe it to be too sissified for the mucho macho man to wear. In such cases, the plain toe, patent leather or highly shined calf blucher or oxford, it is the most appropriate and suitable substitute.

Any other option, it is ridiculous.

This entry was posted on Friday, December 16th, 2005 at 4:13 am by Manolo and is filed under Etiquette, Men's Fashion, Shoes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed. Share This

Archived