Tour companies offering catamaran ride and snorkeling...minus the sting rays

Cruiser83

Can anyone recommend a private tour company that offers a catamaran ride out to a reef and snorkeling...minus the sting rays? The last time I was in Grand Cayman, I did the sting ray/snorkeling encounter, and while the sting rays were very cute, it's just not for me. I liked the ride on the catamaran and the snorkeling and I'd like to do something like that when I'm in Grand Caymen next month on Navigator of the Seas. Anybody out there know of any tour companies that offer that?

Interesting question, I was looking for the same. Only option found was a half-day charter, min. 10 people for about $650. With two, didn't pursue it. Since we liked Capt Bryan's catamaran so much two years ago, decided to take his Stingray City, plus two snorkel stops 3 hour tour, for $39. Can just lay on the tramp and wave to the little critters if we decide to opt out of that stop. If someone knows of a sailing trip, or if one of the operators would arrange for the minimum of 10 passengers himself, let us know. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We also were looking for a snorkeling trip without the stingrays, and were unable to find it. There are many requests for this, so I am not sure why someone doesn't offer it. We have seen the stingrays once, and would rather now spend time snorkeling elsewhere. It's too bad that the only option seems to be a charter.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one out there looking for something like this! I've still not been able to locate a private tour company that would offer this. I was looking through the excursions on Royal Caribbean's website and noticed that they do offer a Catamaran snorkel excursion (no stingrays)...so if any of you are cruising on Royal Caribbean that might be the way to go. In the past I've always booked excursions through a private tour company instead of the cruiseline as the experience seems a bit more personalized and sometimes you can save money. Oh well, looks like I'll have to book through Royal Caribbean this time :)

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one out there looking for something like this! I've still not been able to locate a private tour company that would offer this. I was looking through the excursions on Royal Caribbean's website and noticed that they do offer a Catamaran snorkel excursion (no stingrays)...so if any of you are cruising on Royal Caribbean that might be the way to go. In the past I've always booked excursions through a private tour company instead of the cruiseline as the experience seems a bit more personalized and sometimes you can save money. Oh well, looks like I'll have to book through Royal Caribbean this time :)

Cruiser,

thanks for the update. I am cruising on carnival so that's not an option this time for us. hopefully, someone will know and can still come back on the boards and let us know.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am also interested in sail/snorkel without the sringrays. Once you've done stingray city, there's no need to go back and share the experience with 1500 of your nearest & dearest friends.:D

I found a wave runner & snorkel in Grand Cayman that does not include stingray city. That's the best so far. Link is below.

https://secure.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=GCM&tcode=020171

• 1 month later...

FYI - Carnival offers a wreck and reef snorkel trip.

We hope to do that next month - we are also looking into a waverunner snorkel trip off of 7 mile beach, with ebanks water sports.

Looks like it probable goes to the same two sites as the CCL excurision as they both mention a wreck and reef.

Done Stingray city too many times - its just not the same now that its over run with cruisers.

Have fun - good luck

Archived