Would you be offended?

HighSeaslover

Oh man, I wish you were going on my cruise in November. My husband would love this, big Gilligan's Island fan. Attire shouldn't be a problem if I recall Gilligan, The Skipper, The Professor and Mr. Howell wore khakis and polo type shirts (except for Mr. Howell who was more formal). Maryann, Ginger and Mrs. Howell again dresses and more formal attire. You might want to ask for an early seating or a later seating where there may be fewer people in the DR and I'd check with the DR and see if music no problem but really how long are you going to be playing the music a few minutes at best. You'll all be the talk of the cruise (in a good way) I think the majority will be fine and those who wouldn't will quickly get over it. Have fun and take pictures to post.

There were some college students at the table next to us the 1st night of the cruise that had way too much to drink , they were cutting up and sang that song & had a great time. It didnt bother us at all. The next night they were so hungover i dont think they even spoke.

I think it sounds like fun anywhere excpet the muster drill.

No, it wouldn't bother us. In fact, I think it would be a hoot. However, if you are concerned about noise, etc. you could all meet in one of the bars that has a nice lounge and then you could really cut loose. If you did that prior to dinner, then you could come in the dining room in costume and continue the get together.

We are planning a surprise b-day party for my BIL on the Glory next week. During dinner (not formal night) each person in our party is dressing as one of Gilligan's Island stars and we have ordered a cake and have a MP3 player with the theme song. If your table was next to ours would this bother you. I promise we will not be loud and out of hand just laughing and having fun. No big drinkers here.

LUV IT!! Have fun, I would actually enjoy watching it.

It wouldn't offend our group/family at all. Sounds like fun. I do agree with the other posts - just don't plan it on one of the formal nights. Don't worry about the few stares you may get. I haven't been one to ever care much about what people think anyway. It is your cruise too and there is "entertainment" in the dining room, right?:)

Hope you have a great cruise!

That said just ignore all the cars on blocks in her front yard. LOL

I wouldn't be offended......but some people object to flip-flops, shorts, t-shirts, hats etc.... And "Gilligans Island" wouldn't be "Gilligan's Island" without the right costumes, would it? It would ruin the ambiance of those who need "a certain atmosphere" for food to taste good.

If you are concerned about "annoying others"....do it somewhere else. Otherwise you might be the recipient of unwanted comments and stares and ruin YOUR good time.

Have fun!

They didn't wear flip flops or t shirts on on Gilligans island, it was deck shoes and collared polo shirts for the guys. Mary Ann's Daisy Duke shorts may raise an eyebrow or two though LOL

Knowing its not on the formal nite, I say DO IT! Its a great idea and I think it would totally fun to see and sing along. I think you should enjoy your cruise and celebrate the birthday just the way you want to. On the non-formal nites, the outfits/costumes will be more than some would wear even on formal nites. The music is not offensive, so I cant imagine anyone complaining. If they do, well maybe they are the ones who should be in the buffet area. Party hardy and have a great time!

Personally it wouldn't bother me, sounds like a fun time. But why not do it in one of the many bars or lounges so it would be more of a party atmosphere that could continue past dinner. Just seem's like it would be more fun in a less restrictive atmosphere than the dinner table where neaby diners might not enjoy. Not sure whether your own music would be permitted at the dinner table.

Enjoy your cruise, you sound like a fun group:)

They didn't wear flip flops or t shirts on on Gilligans island, it was deck shoes and collared polo shirts for the guys. Mary Ann's Daisy Duke shorts may raise an eyebrow or two though LOL

Ginger is in formal wear.

LOL...I feel sorry for the woman who has to be Mrs Howell.....:p

My family would be jealous. Mr. Crabbypants (at the next table on our last cruise) would probably throw a hissy fit and demand a full refund of his fare.

I don't think it would be a problem, but you could check with the maitre'd. He/She might even help you kick it up a notch and make it part of "Show Time"

Sounds like a blast. Wish I could be there to see it.

My sister is the Queen of "Theme parties"

Dress as your favorite movie star

Dress as your favorite Marx Brother

Dress as Pirates and Wenches night..........etc etc etc *LOL*

So I have had many years of this situation and it is a lot of fun.

Go ,do it, enjoy yourself. So you get a raised eyebrow.

Have a great cruise and Happy Birthday to your BIL

I wouldn't mind the costumes at all but would mind if the party got too rowdy. I'd like to be able to have the dinner I'd like to have to and not be hostage to someone else's party. Maybe the partying could wait until after dinner in a bar?

And for those of you who "don't care what others think"- why in heaven's name not? I am getting tired of seeing this- I care if my kids are running around and screaming because it will bother other people, I care if the cabin next to me is blaring music in the middle of the night so I can't sleep, or if my teens are doing the same and bothering other people, I care if a bunch of people get drunk and puke into my balcony. Is this a generational thing or what? Not caring what other people think is frankly barbaric.

Sounds awesome! Go for it! If I get to hear the Parrotheads singing the Land Shark song every night (and enjoy it!) , then your short little ipod Gilligan's Island theme is nothing! I'd love to be sitting near you and witness that :) No worse than Happy Birthday and no more intrusive... unless you plan to play it through the whole meal...... ;)

Archived