If you could choose between AA or A2 which would you do?

Rahi

It is possible that I can get this room for my cruise.. The A2 is appox. 1700.00 more than the AA.. I love the thought of a hot tub.. Am I right where I read this is not totally private.. people from pool can see us. I don't really care about that too much.. ie won't be naked:eek:. Is there alot of difference between the A2 w/hot tub vs AA.. with out. ..is it all about the hot tub. THanks for any help.

\

The A2 also moves you to the top of the ship instead of the front of the ship with the AA. You do have to walk up the stairs from Deck 14 t0 Deck 15. The A2 is more convenient to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. You can use your deck in the A2 all the time but the AA deck is windy when the ship is moving (but there is a small balcony on the side), Bottom line either way you will have agreat time. Personally I would not spend the 1700 I would take the AA and hope for an "upsell call" .

The A2 also moves you to the top of the ship instead of the front of the ship with the AA. You do have to walk up the stairs from Deck 14 t0 Deck 15. The A2 is more convenient to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. You can use your deck in the A2 all the time but the AA deck is windy when the ship is moving (but there is a small balcony on the side), Bottom line either way you will have agreat time. Personally I would not spend the 1700 I would take the AA and hope for an "upsell call" .

Why can you use your deck at all times with the A2.. isn't it upfront ? Where as the AA has the side, and front.. sorry for so many questions. This would be a special 50th b-day for hubby, and me.. I so want to do it right! I would LOVE to have the A2..but was worried about wind ..as the front facing is the only deck.

It is possible that I can get this room for my cruise.. The A2 is appox. 1700.00 more than the AA.. I love the thought of a hot tub.. Am I right where I read this is not totally private.. people from pool can see us. I don't really care about that too much.. ie won't be naked:eek:. Is there alot of difference between the A2 w/hot tub vs AA.. with out. ..is it all about the hot tub. THanks for any help.

\

Hi, Rahi. We've stayed in both an A2 and an AA on the Pearl (cruise to Alaska) via upsells that we couldn't refuse!:D We've got lots of pictures of both posted on webshots.

I don't think I'd pay $1,700 more for the A2, though, unless you really plan on using the hot tub a lot. The hot tub is pretty private except at night; you have to look really hard to see up and through the tinted glass.

I think I preferred the AA but my husband liked the A2 better. The A2 is very convenient to Cagney's for the special VIP breakfasts & lunches, although we did tire of climbing the flight of stairs by the end of the week. The A2 is easy access to the Courtyard area.

The AA has a nicer dining area, has a second 1/2 bath, more closet & storage space. Although we did feel the movement of the ship a lot more in the AA. The second balcony off to the side was very nice when it was too windy to use the front one.

Pictures of the AA & A2:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/563924730iHamjI

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563745682WfHIDH

IMG_5580.jpg.cd6317285e58d6f1454da0d2e8005287.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg.10c58239eeaddb45ad559c6d21f1d498.jpg

IMG_5397.jpg.bba9022f3761660f0e4781e7d548bc78.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg.48a13e116144c7c4b65aa6ff1ff42ba4.jpg

Hi, Rahi. We've stayed in both an A2 and an AA on the Pearl (cruise to Alaska) via upsells that we couldn't refuse!:D We've got lots of pictures of both posted on webshots.

I don't think I'd pay $1,700 more for the A2, though, unless you really plan on using the hot tub a lot. The hot tub is pretty private except at night; you have to look really hard to see up and through the tinted glass.

I think I preferred the AA but my husband liked the A2 better. The A2 is very convenient to Cagney's for the special VIP breakfasts & lunches, although we did tire of climbing the flight of stairs by the end of the week. The A2 is easy access to the Courtyard area.

The AA has a nicer dining area, has a second 1/2 bath, more closet & storage space. Although we did feel the movement of the ship a lot more in the AA. The second balcony off to the side was very nice when it was too windy to use the front one.

Pictures of the AA & A2:

thank you , thank you!.. so you would say the A2 is too windy during sea days?

Pictures of the AA & A2:

Also if you could tell me ..which has the best views from inside? Thanks!

Also if you could tell me ..which has the best views from inside? Thanks!
This is going to be from NYC.. so I am thinking no matter what deck you have for at least the first full sea day is going to useless..

Archived