swimming with dolphins

krazycruiser

Book with the ship so you're guaranteed to get in. When we went (in Cabo) we were given our tender boat based on when our tour met up to swim. We also got priority at Cabo Dolphins, and had plenty of time afterwards to hit up Medano Beach for parasailing!

By the way, I HIGHLY recommend you swim with the dolphins! It was my favorite experience of the whole trip... and maybe even in life!

I also booked thru the ship "Carnival" last April for me & hubby. My kids are booked for our February cruise also thru Carnival. I contacted Cabo dolphins directly and they said you cannot book thru them if you are on a ship so we had to book thru ship. Turned out that CCL price was actually a couple dollars less than facility. Same for this cruise. I haven't done it at PV and this is my first trip to PV coming up in less than a month. The PV facility is further away and ship time is not the same as port time so be aware of that.

Cabo facility is so close to the ship -maybe a 5 minute walk after you get off the tender so there is no bus ride like you would have in PV. Thats why the time difference in excursions between Cabo & PV. They take into account travel time there & back in PV.

The PV facility we went to was run by Vallarta Adventures. We took a boat, not a bus, so that was part of the experience for us. Made it fun. Also, they included lunch and had parrots to take pictures with and feed. Pretty neat.

My wife and I just booked for PV this weekend on our own. We did it through Dolphin Discovery ourselves because they were having a couple of promotions. We are just going to take a cab to the location. Thanks to everyone on the boards who helped alleviate our concerns about getting there alright.

Were sailing in late march on NCL Star,Were a family of 4(kids age 9 and 14). we want to swim w/dolphins. Should i book w/the ship or go solo? Anyone have any experience with this kind of excursion, any recommendations???

Are you saling the 21 or 28 of March?

We are sailing the 21st and booked independently thru cabodolphins dot com as it was quite a bit cheaper (10% off if booked online) than thru the cruiseline and they allow free observors (2 per paying guest) who can take photos for me.

"We'll be on the Star in Feb and booked the dolphin encounter in PV through the ship. I believe it's done through Vallarta Adventures. Anyways, for those who've done this, how much can I expect to pay to purchase the photos and DVDs?"

This was the highlight of this trip, we booked onboard(Princess). We chose the eight picture package from the kiosk and I believe it was about $80. There are alot of choices.Yes, a little steep, but it's not something your going to do everyday. We also got to take a boat ride back to the ship.

"We'll be on the Star in Feb and booked the dolphin encounter in PV through the ship. I believe it's done through Vallarta Adventures. Anyways, for those who've done this, how much can I expect to pay to purchase the photos and DVDs?"

This was the highlight of this trip, we booked onboard(Princess). We chose the eight picture package from the kiosk and I believe it was about $80. There are alot of choices.Yes, a little steep, but it's not something your going to do everyday. We also got to take a boat ride back to the ship.

Thanks CaptPeachy! Since they don't allow cameras, I was planning to buy the pictures. I just wasn't sure how much to budget for it. My DH and I did a dolphin encounter in Roatan and loved it (think we paid about the same price for pics). This time we're bringing the kids and it'll be their 1st time. They're so excited...esp my 6yo DD who loved dolphins.

Archived