Questions about massages in Costa Maya....

bankonus

Hello everyone,

My daughter (34) and I are interested in getting massages on the beach in Costa Maya. Any advice on the best places? What are the average prices? Also, when I receive massages at home I am always in a room and strip down just to undies. Obviously, out on the beach with children around and being out in the open that isn't an option. What have you all worn during your massage? Thanks for all your help!!

Just got back yesterday from RC cruise to Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

We took a taxi into Majahual ($2) walked the concrete boardwalk. On the walk back, we stopped at El Faro restaurant and bar for lunch and beer. After lunch I got a massage there. They have several non-pushy masseuses. I picked Angie Lopez.

You can have your massage on a table on the beach or upstairs above the restaurant in the open air porch. Being a pasty-skinned northerner, and that all of the beach umbrellas were in use away from the massage tables, I had my massage on the open-air porch upstairs. I took off my shirt, but kept my swimsuit on.

Cost was $40 for a glorious, one-hour deep-tissue massage. Looks like the prices are somewhat elastic as I heard "quotes" from $15 to $25 for a half hour.

Looks like the women got their swimsuits untied, but were kept modestly covered by towels.

Answers to your next questions:

1) Why El Faro? Because my wife read about it on Cruise Critic. It was good.

2) Angie Lopez? Some other gal on a cruise had a massage from her that morning and was still raving about how good she was. I'm sure the other women are very good, too.

3) Angie Lopez? I suck at names so I asked her to write it down after the massage.

4) Towels? They changed the towels that I laid on after I got up, so it looks like each person gets clean towels.

Archived