Cabo San Lucas - Sea Trek Helmet Dive Excursion?

BabyMouse

:) Hi, We are a party of 6 (2 adults, 2 teens, 2 seniors) going on the Princess Sapphire 18 Apr-25 Apr. I took my mom on her first cruise 2 years ago. She had never travelled before and she doesn't swim/do water. I took her on a sub in Cozumel and she loved it. I want to take it a step further this time and get her in the water with this Helmet Dive. I was wondering if anyone has gone on this excursion or not and whether it is any good. My main concern is that the brochure says 3-4 hours but when I went to prebook on the Princess site it said 2 hours. If the 2 hours includes transportation that doesn't seem like much time in the water for $109. My other concern is water temp. I read it can be as low as 65 degrees. As well, does the fact she doesn't swim matter. It doesn't mention anything except snorkeling/diving experience isn't necessary. It is my impression you go down a ladder and then walk on the sea floor. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

DH did the Snuba, which is in the same spot. I signed up too but the air made me sick so I snorkled while he was doing it. They provide wet suits so the water temp (in Feb) was not an issue. He enjoyed his experience but did not think there was that much to see. They do have their own sea lion that they feed and hangs around and was fun to interact with.

Thanks for the info. That gives me something to think about. If there isn't much to see I don't know if it is worth it. I was hoping there would be lots of fish, coral, etc. so she might experience what it is like to dive/snorkel. She was excited by the sub ride but I was disappointed in the amount of fish on that excursion as well. I guess it is because when I have snorkelled it has been at reefs teeming with fish. I won't traumatize her if she isn't going to get an eye full (she's nervous about going in the water) LOL.

Archived