Final Payment Due Tomorrow! Story of a Price Reduction!

Catrin

Now that our final payment for our April 11th cruise on the Carnival Pride is due tomorrow.....there goes any chance of all future price reductions!

But.... just want to show you all how watching prices daily .. and calling Carnival for each helps!

We booked this cruise in September.

We booked using dp3 past guest code... and Booked an 8A that was upgraded to an 8C.

Since 8C in September included aft balconies, we booked two side by side Aft balcony Cabins on Deck 5! There are three people in each cabin.

In October, as we all know, Carnival changed the categories on the ships, and our 8C was now an 8I.

But... the price of the 8A to 8C went down, so we called to see if we would qualify, since that is how we booked. After some discussion, and being on hold for what it seemed forever, we finally got our first price reduction! (BUT>> they did tell us from that point on, we would have to watch the 8I pricing) Savings - $60 each cabin... $120.00

Then, in November, we actually moved DOWN a deck, to Deck 4. Same 8I Category. Two side by side Aft Balconies.

In December, during a one day sale, we played with the codes, and saw a lower price. I called again. Savings $130 each cabin ... $260.00

Not even a week later, another price reduction. Savings $90 each cabin .. $180.00.

Then, just last week.... I used the Senior Code for my mom's room. I could only use it on her room. Savings $50.00.

NOW>>> If we had stayed in an 8C, we could have YET another $560 in reductions, but we have decided to do something different and try an aft balcony.

So... Total Savings from Original Booking in September..

$520.00!!!!

Also in December, our Fuel Supplement was lifted! Savings $308.00!

TOTAL Saved $828.00!!

(So, if you havent checked your prices lately.. try it, you may be surprised!!!)

Catrin

Great Savings just for watching and making a few calls.... but I THINK you saved more than you are thinking as when I do the math, the savings are a bit more (if I am adding your savings listed correctly) ! Congrats on aggressive cruise research for you and your family !

Great Savings just for watching and making a few calls.... but I THINK you saved more than you are thinking as when I do the math, the savings are a bit more (if I am adding your savings listed correctly) ! Congrats on aggressive cruise research for you and your family !

You are right!

120+260+180+50= $610.00!

(Plus the $308 in fuel supplement!)

Thanks for the correction!

Catrin

GOOD JOB Catrin! And this is another benefit of booking directly with CCL vs a TA:D I check my prices daily. So far I've saved $40 on my Destiny cruise and can save another $75 if I want to change my booking to the ESP price. I probably will but want to find out how much airfare will cost.

I saved my dad almost 2500.00 on a six room bookingafter final paument was made. I did this 3 times. AFter the second time the supervisor told me no more but I was still able to get credit the third time. :)It was all OBC but we used it all between the six rooms. Now they don't allow this-it was probably because of me!

I know this is going to be a stupid question but how do you check? Do you go on the website and check out the cruise as if you are booking from scratch and check the prices? When I do that it looks like the price went up. I know I got a couple of past guest discounts and upgrades from my PVP. Am I doing this right. I would love to save some money and apply it toward my airfare and excursions!

I know this is going to be a stupid question but how do you check? Do you go on the website and check out the cruise as if you are booking from scratch and check the prices? When I do that it looks like the price went up. I know I got a couple of past guest discounts and upgrades from my PVP. Am I doing this right. I would love to save some money and apply it toward my airfare and excursions!

Yes, this is exactly what I do.

I make sure that I am not "logged in" at Carnival.com.... and I just pretend to book the same cruise using the discount codes available.

Then I just call Carnival (since I booked directly through them) and I say, I notice our cruise price went down online, could you check into that for me?

Catrin

Good for you! I have never seen prices go down for cruises we booked, only up. Our next cruise only cost us $500 total for 2 pp on a 4 night in a 5a and the current going rate for the same room, one floor up, past guest is $782. So all is cool!

Yes, this is exactly what I do.

I make sure that I am not "logged in" at Carnival.com.... and I just pretend to book the same cruise using the discount codes available.

Then I just call Carnival (since I booked directly through them) and I say, I notice our cruise price went down online, could you check into that for me?

Catrin

Cool! I'll keep checking. It would be so cool to get a lower rate. Since we're not leaving until November, maybe there's a chance.

Good for you! I have never seen prices go down for cruises we booked, only up. Our next cruise only cost us $500 total for 2 pp on a 4 night in a 5a and the current going rate for the same room, one floor up, past guest is $782. So all is cool!

You make a good point here!

It is all relative.... meaning, if you booked at a terrific price to start, the chances of it going down are pretty slim.

It is also Supply and Demand. Both the Pride and the Liberty leave from Miami that day. The Liberty's prices are much higher for the same 7 days cruise (one eastern, one western). I bet most are choosing the Liberty, because of the size, it is new, more options for dining, etc. We chose the Pride, because we have been on the Liberty and wanted to try a Spirit Class ship again.

It is also what category you choose. Our price could have gone down some more, but we are choosing to stay in our aft balcony!!

Catrin

Archived