Bunkering or towing QE2?

Reltco

I was looking at QE2 on the Costa Classica aft webcam to see if she was still there. I refreshed the page about an hour later and saw what looked like tugs approaching her. Not sure if she is bunkering (fueling) or about to be towed to Dubai Drydocks or somewhere else (Bremerhaven?).

If she is being towed its news but nothing new. If its bunkering, it means she is to remain under her own power for some time to come. Anyone have any updates?

Costa Classica Webcam: http://webcams.costa.it/std/ShipInfo.php?code=23&name=Costa%20Classica#

Image_Camera2_ship23__25-01-2009_05_51_40.jpg

Yep just looked again at 3:40 pm GMT. She's still there, smoke still coming from her stack and no tugs. They must have been refueling. Given the refuleing barge was there for over 3 hrs means she took on a significant amount of fuel so who knows what that means. Probably that she'll be under her own power pierside for a while longer.

Great picture of SS France/Norway as it shows the stark contrast of today's cruise ships vs. the age of the trans-Atlantic liner design. Personally I am drawn to the latter but the former are very enjoyable.

If you want to keep an eye on the demise of the former SS France/Norway/Blue Lady go to www.midshipcentury.com for an ongoing picture essay of her breakup.

Archived