2 liters

callajl

We have always brought our rolling cooler along with us when we have boarded loaded with 2 liters- we use to mix as well as drink when we order room service. This will be our 1st Carnival cruise experience and I don't think our rolling cooler is 12x12x12. How would you suggest we bring along these? We don't like cans since we don't always drink then entire thing and it is such a waste.

Also- when you order drinks from room service is there a fee? Juice, milk and soda?

I had thought about this but I am afraid that they will not hold up well once it is checked. We always enjoyed watching the loading and unloading of luggage when we used to cruise DCL but what it goes through is pretty tough. Anyone packed 2 liters in checked luggage with success?

I had thought about this but I am afraid that they will not hold up well once it is checked. We always enjoyed watching the loading and unloading of luggage when we used to cruise DCL but what it goes through is pretty tough. Anyone packed 2 liters in checked luggage with success?

I've packed glass bottles with success ( many of them :D). If in doubt, just use bubble wrap around them.

We have always brought our rolling cooler along with us when we have boarded loaded with 2 liters- we use to mix as well as drink when we order room service. This will be our 1st Carnival cruise experience and I don't think our rolling cooler is 12x12x12. How would you suggest we bring along these? We don't like cans since we don't always drink then entire thing and it is such a waste.

Also- when you order drinks from room service is there a fee? Juice, milk and soda?

When you order room service juices, tea and milk are free but you will have to tip. Sodas run around $2. Instead of 2 liters, the 20 oz or smaller plastic bottles of Coke pack easier and are less likely to go flat. Carnival has stopped allowing coolers onboard but what you can do is bring a collapsable cooler in your luggage. Line it with a trash bag and have the room steward fill it with ice.

Dave

If you're concerned about the bottles opening in your checked bags, bring them aboard in your carry-on. This maybe the first time a 2 liter bottle was brought aboard a CCL ship with it's original contents inside. :D A collapsable cooler will fit easily in carry-on or checked bags. If it's left out, your steward will refill daily.

I didn't even think of the large ziplock bags. I will do this and wrap in towels. I had already planned on putting the collapsible cooler in my checked luggage but I didn't think of garbage bags to line it with--Thanks :]

The reason I take 2 liters instead of the smaller individuals is that they take are cheaper and less garbage when I finish with them.

Thanks to everyone for helping me solve another dilemma!

Archived