Pirate Museum, Nassau?

TwoWeebles

Just returned from a Carnival Splendor cruise a few days ago. My wife and myself felt the Pirate Tour was worth the time and money. We didn't like the rest of the tour it was included with. PIRATES OF NASSAU & HISTORICAL HIGHLIGHTS TOUR. Could have just been our guide but gained no information from him about the sites we were seeing. Just seemed like we drove around seeing really nothing. When we did stop it was ok you have 5 to 10 minutes. But ended at the Pirate museum. It is very close to the doc very easy to walk too. Basically exit the port area and head to the right maybe 3 or 4 blocks. We wished we would have just walked there on our own done the pirates and then wondered around on our own after that.

Thanks for the response. We are not booking any excursions. We just plan to go around on our own. Everything we want to see seems pretty close to the dock. I am interested in the Pirates Museum, the Ardastra Gardens, and some local eats. 13 days and counting; can't wait!!

Thanks for the response. We are not booking any excursions. We just plan to go around on our own. Everything we want to see seems pretty close to the dock. I am interested in the Pirates Museum, the Ardastra Gardens, and some local eats. 13 days and counting; can't wait!!

We'll be in Nassau soon and we found this "Walking Tour" on Frommer's website. Free and we get to be our own tour guides. We plan to combine this with recommendations from CC about where to eat, but from everything I've read and heard - conch fritters & beer are the thing to have. We can hardly wait.

Archived