Early Saver Question

So, Carnival has a new "Early Saver" deal that saves money when you book early. Duh. Anyhoo...I was setting up a group booking for our Friends Cruise in October. I didn't go with that primarily because it wasn't a significant savings and because there was some kinda funky cancellation policy where you didn't get a full refund if you cancelled before time for full payment.

My question is: In the past, I've always gotten upgrades or OBC if my price went down before the cruise. My PVP now implies that one of the big deals about the Early Saver is that it guarantees the lowest price which will be adjusted if it goes down prior to sailing. So-are they not honoring the lower price EXCEPT with the Early Saver deal now?

I hope this makes sense, I've just gotten off a cruise and I'm still wandering around trying to find a waiter for a DOD and wondering why my sail and sign card didn't work at the grocery.

Thanks,

My question is: In the past, I've always gotten upgrades or OBC if my price went down before the cruise. My PVP now implies that one of the big deals about the Early Saver is that it guarantees the lowest price which will be adjusted if it goes down prior to sailing. So-are they not honoring the lower price EXCEPT with the Early Saver deal now?

Carnival will still lower pricing and/or grant OBC's for cruises that are reduced but ONLY until final payment. After final payment you can upgrade to the nearest level that matches what you paid or you can pay the difference from what you paid to get to the next level if you choose.

But no refunds or OBC after final. With the Early Saver, you can get the OBC after final payment has been made.

Does that make sense?

So, Carnival has a new "Early Saver" deal that saves money when you book early. Duh. Anyhoo...I was setting up a group booking for our Friends Cruise in October. I didn't go with that primarily because it wasn't a significant savings and because there was some kinda funky cancellation policy where you didn't get a full refund if you cancelled before time for full payment.

I hope this makes sense, I've just gotten off a cruise and I'm still wandering around trying to find a waiter for a DOD and wondering why my sail and sign card didn't work at the grocery.

Thanks,

My PVP told me that with Early Savers, you can get a price match until 48 hrs before sailing. All other fares have price matches until full payment is due which is 75 days prior to the cruise date.

Thanks,

I feel your pain...I had my card around my neck on my laynard for two days after leving Jacksonville:D. It is my understanding that if you don't book under Early Deals then you can not get any future OBC or rate reductions anymore. Our next January cruise was over $100 less per person using early Deals than past guest rates. The booking needs to be made 3 months or more out for the Early Deals.

Carnival will still lower pricing and/or grant OBC's for cruises that are reduced but ONLY until final payment. After final payment you can upgrade to the nearest level that matches what you paid or you can pay the difference from what you paid to get to the next level if you choose.

But no refunds or OBC after final. With the Early Saver, you can get the OBC after final payment has been made.

Does that make sense?

I may be mistaken, but I thought our pvp told us that if you try to get a price reduction on non-early deals bookings then you have to cancel and rebook the cruise before the final date, thus it could cause other problems.

I may be mistaken, but I thought our pvp told us that if you try to get a price reduction on non-early deals bookings then you have to cancel and rebook the cruise before the final date, thus it could cause other problems.

It seems like it has always been a written "policy" somewhere that you couldn't get discounts after BOOKING but they look the other way if you call. I'm hoping somebody will tell us what happened when they tried after booking!

Yeah, with a group, we won't even be upgrading this year unless everyone can move with us. It's only 5 or 6 cabins but that's a lot to try to get together as it gets closer to sail date. LAst year, several of us booked GTY but this year everyone wants cabins together. Which, I think is sweet as this is "my" cruise and it's people that didn't know each other before sailing but are now best buds!

I booked my Splendor cruise on 1/14. The cruise is for June 14. I've gotten two price reductions since I booked. They reduced my price with no questions asked. So, they are still giving price reductions up to final payment.

Yes, they will still give you price reductions, UNTIL you make final payment. After that they will NOT give you any further adjustments. That of course, is 90 days out.

Basically, this new program give you the same guarantee that Carnival had until last December, and that was a guarantee to match prices (via OBC) but now goes all the way to Two days before sailing.

This could be very beneficial with the current economic situation, as Carnival is no longer filling up ships three months in advance, but now is starting to do more last minute price drops to fill up the ships.

Of course, the downside is the deposit in non-refundable, and YOU have to watch for the price drops. Do not expect your PVP to call you up and tell you about them (like mine used to do.)

Archived