How to deal with inconsiderate cruisers

peg3632

[quote name='Cattravel10']And I agree with you, one sick individual is no cause for concern!!!! Sorry, really got me MAD![/quote]

OMG The horror of it!!!!

[IMG]http://www.austinist.com/attachments/matthewodam/bigbirdcarsonhead.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='peg3632']I am a timid person that would love to hear stories of how you deal with fellow cruisers who do not:
1. Take their proper place in line,
2. Supervise their children and keep them out of adult hot tub,
3. Save pool chairs, and
4 Generally inconsiderate of other people.
Also, did they retaliate and cause you problems?[/quote]
[COLOR=blue]This is what I do:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]1. Ignore[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]2. Ignore[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]3. Ignore[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]4. Ignore[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]I don't worry about it, I'm on a cruise and won't let anyone spoil it for me.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Guienevere_Arianette']You know, I'm the same way! I'll take a lot of BS for the sake of keeping the peace, but when I see fellow cruisers treat the crew like they are subhuman, I'm all up in that mix!! I've had very ugly confrontations with people over their ugly treatment of the crew...:mad:[/quote]
I have been scouring these boards for info as we are going on our first cruise in mid June. I have to say that these are some of the funniest postings I've seen, but it makes me wonder what OUR experience will be, as school will be out and the summer crowd will be in full force. Do you all find that there is more belligerence at certain times of the year?

[quote name='maxamuus']If you think about it, your a*s end and their face while sitting in that save lounger is about even. So head to the buffet and eat up on those bean salads. Then when excess gases must be released its time to do a little "crop dusting...." Just walk those rows of saved chairs while releasing said gas.[/quote]
LMAO. That is something my family would consider doing, then LTAO watching the reaction!!!!!

[quote name='KULPN']I think someone who stays at the pool all day, should realize maybe others would like a chance to sit there also, and get up & give someone the chair. No one should feel entitled to sit anywhere except their cabin for the whole day.[/quote]
Huh? OMW. Of course you can sit in a chair at the pool all day, and all night if you want. Just get up early enough to get your chair for the day. Just my opinion.

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]My biggest pet peeve on cruise ships are the rude, inconsiderate morons who push and shove to get into an elevator.:mad: It doesn't matter that you have been standing waiting for the last 10 or 15 mins. for an elevator that isn't crowded, these jerks just walk right up and muscle their way into the open doors, most times not even waiting for the people trying to exit to get out. My poor little boy has been nearly trampled more times than I can count by these brainless, rude people. :mad: Another thing that makes my blood boil is when these same idiots push in front of elderly people in wheelchairs that are trying to board an elevator. Dh and I will always try and block the way so the folks in wheelchairs can safely get onto the elevator and won't have to wait any longer then they already probably have. Mind you manners folks, just because you are on vacation doesn't give you carte blanche to be rude and obnoxious!! I'll get off my soapbox now.;)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]Happy sailing :)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]Barb[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='somoremoney']Wow posting pictures of dead birds... I am rooting for the Steelers to win, but posting pictures of dead birds is kind of sick and over the top.[/quote]

When I saw the dead bird my immediate reaction was "why" and after your post I still don't get it. Is the dead bird somehow related to the superbowl? The answer may be obvious, but I don't follow football, so please explain. Sorry if this was discussed somewhere in this thread, but I couldn't get past your post before wanting to know the meaning of the dead bird.

The dead bird is a Cardinal. The Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburg Steelers are going head to head in the superbowl. The poster is obviously a steelers fan. I myself am a Raiders fan, yet am torn because I want to root for the AFC yet I want the underdogs, the Cards to win. Anyway that is all.

To the topic at hand, ..and chair saving, ...my opinion is that unless your party will be there within' minutes, too bad, so sad. There is no way I would condone one person getting up and saving a row of chairs until their party is awake, regardless if it's by 8am. If you want a chair then get your butt up and get it yourself.

Regrettfully my wife is in a wheelchair, so if another cruiser pushes ahead at an elevator I say very loud " I guess you want to see what it's like to be in the chair because I wiill take out an ankle." I have never had to do this but would not hesitate if necessary. I am not Ellen but Bob her husband and do not wish to change the computer.

[quote name='jakieemma']3. I save chairs for my party...not by leaving a towel or a book, but by getting up very early and staying with the chairs till the rest of the party comes out, usually by 8:00am:p
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kissara22']To the topic at hand, ..and chair saving, ...my opinion is that unless your party will be there within' minutes, too bad, so sad. There is no way I would condone one person getting up and saving a row of chairs until their party is awake, regardless if it's by 8am. If you want a chair then get your butt up and get it yourself.[/QUOTE]

thanks Kissara22.. I thought I was the only one who thought that this poster was declaring themself a dreaded chair hog.

My theory for inconsiderate cruisers is not to expect them and usually I don't find them. I believe you experience your expectations. I expect to have a wonderful cruise and I always do. On the rare occassions that I find some rude or inconsiderate fellow passengers it becomes fodder for our family conversation and usually provides memories and laughter. I actually end up being grateful to the boorish person or family. They just add another dimension to our vaction.

[quote name='maxamuus']OMG The horror of it!!!!

[IMG]http://www.austinist.com/attachments/matthewodam/bigbirdcarsonhead.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Now that's about the sickest thing I have ever seen, a childrens sesame street type character like that. That's horrible.

[quote name='Kissara22']The dead bird is a Cardinal. The Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburg Steelers are going head to head in the superbowl. The poster is obviously a steelers fan. I myself am a Raiders fan, yet am torn because I want to root for the AFC yet I want the underdogs, the Cards to win. Anyway that is all.
[/quote]

Wow, a Raider fan to the rescue, thanks. That's all it is. Hey, my son went to HS with good ole Sebastian Janikowski. Hope the Raiders rebuild. It has always been a great rivalry.

[quote name='Socref124']Now that's about the sickest thing I have ever seen, a childrens sesame street type character like that. That's horrible.[/quote]

Isn't it amazing how people get all up in arms about things like that? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[quote name='cathyoo']thanks Kissara22.. I thought I was the only one who thought that this poster was declaring themself a dreaded chair hog.

My theory for inconsiderate cruisers is not to expect them and usually I don't find them. I believe you experience your expectations. I expect to have a wonderful cruise and I always do. On the rare occassions that I find some rude or inconsiderate fellow passengers it becomes fodder for our family conversation and usually provides memories and laughter. I actually end up being grateful to the boorish person or family. They just add another dimension to our vaction.[/quote]

Let me explain that when I am saving those chairs there are still tons of chairs available. If there was a time when people were walking around looking for chairs and there were none, I would give up the ones I was saving. That hasn't happened and if it did, the chairs would gladly be given away.

My friends are up and usually in the chairs no later than 8am. Throughout the day we take turns watching while a couple go get some eats or take a dip, but there is never a time when the chairs are left alone. We stay by the pool all day until about 4...it's our favorite thing to do....soak up the sun and relax !!

If you get up after 9 and expect a chair near the pool, it's probably not going to happen.

[quote name='Socref124']Wow, a Raider fan to the rescue, thanks. That's all it is. Hey, my son went to HS with good ole Sebastian Janikowski. Hope the Raiders rebuild. It has always been a great rivalry.[/quote]

I'm an AFC guy but I'm rooting for the Steelers for the simple fact that I had a Cardnial peck at my bathroom window for SIX MONTHS, FROM 5:30 in the morning till around 5:00 in the afternoon!

I tried everything, except going out with a gun and shooting his annoying ass! I would have done that if he had not been a migratory bird and there is a HUGE fine in killing them!. He was maiting and thought he saw another male every time flew by my window! (terroritory issues) I even went so fare as calling a trapper and they were gonna charge me $500!!!! I sucked it up..... cussed and tried to ignore it!!! #$%^*+@...... If I'd have had and extra $500 to throw away I WOULD HAVE!!!!

It was so bad that I would litterally be facing him in my bathroom window when he was pecking the window and I screamed and smacked the window and he STILL thought is was another Cardinal! What a tard! I guess he died as he hasnt been back for a couple of years.....KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!

Death to the the Cardnials!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:leuYifkgwCw1fM:http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cXgnm99M0zc/R-xZUHDmBtI/AAAAAAAAJ6Y/Kq47lQevpyo/DSC_1126.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Smoofdaddy']I'm an AFC guy but I'm rooting for the Steelers for the simple fact that I had a Cardnial peck at my bathroom window for SIX MONTHS, FROM 5:30 in the morning till around 5:00 in the afternoon!

I tried everything, except going out with a gun and shooting his annoying ass! I would have done that if he had not been a migratory bird and there is a HUGE fine in killing them!. He was maiting and thought he saw another male every time flew by my window! (terroritory issues) I even went so fare as calling a trapper and they were gonna charge me $500!!!! I sucked it up..... cussed and tried to ignore it!!! #$%^*+@...... If I'd have had and extra $500 to throw away I WOULD HAVE!!!!

It was so bad that I would litterally be facing him in my bathroom window when he was pecking the window and I screamed and smacked the window and he STILL thought is was another Cardinal! What a tard! I guess he died as he hasnt been back for a couple of years.....KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!

Death to the the Cardnials!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:leuYifkgwCw1fM:http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cXgnm99M0zc/R-xZUHDmBtI/AAAAAAAAJ6Y/Kq47lQevpyo/DSC_1126.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

LMAO...:D Thanks, I needed that. Kurbanfan, said it, it's freaking road kill. That happens on every street in America. But what do I know, I'm sick.;)LOL Cardinals can be mean and yes, they are extremely teritorial. How did you finally get rid of him?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='cathyoo']thanks Kissara22..
My theory for inconsiderate cruisers is not to expect them and usually I don't find them. I believe you experience your expectations. I expect to have a wonderful cruise and I always do. On the rare occassions that I find some rude or inconsiderate fellow passengers it becomes fodder for our family conversation and usually provides memories and laughter. I actually end up being grateful to the boorish person or family. They just add another dimension to our vaction.[/quote]

I'm with you, cathyoo.

Ya know: this thread has some of THE weirdest responses to the poor poster's original concerns .... breaking wind, dead birds, death threats ... what's going on here??

No wonder the poor poster is scared to get on a ship! :eek:

Archived