Want to snorkel, but what operator do I go with?

Cant Wait 4 Cruisin!

I've never been to Belize, and I've never snorkeled and i've decided this is what I want to do when I get there. However, I have no idea which tour operator to choose. Has anyone been there and done that lately?

I also want to shop after snorkeling before heading back to the shop. I'm guessing i'll just do that once we get back to the docks.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

We just did Goff's Caye through Carnival - and it was great!. We were picked up right at the ship, and once the tour was over, we had time to go back to the cabin, change, then go to shore to shop. Although we didn't go outside of the port shopping area, we had enough to to go through the whole thing, and then have a drink and some conch fritters at one of the restaurants (Wet Lizard?) THe guides were extremely knowledgeable, and followed in a boat for anyone who was too tired. I was worried about being with a large group - sometime that can be a pain with all of the flippers flying - but there were enough guides that we were all pretty stretched out.

We were in Belize last feb. We booked with Sea Sports Belize over the internet. They were wonderful. My daughters 8 and 10 had a wonderful experince. We were taken on a private trip on the reef. We saw so much sea life!!!

Our guide was Eli, he's the best. We plan on asking for him again next yr.

Check out their web site @ Seasportsbelize.com

I agree with Grace&Geoff...last March we used Coral Breeze tours to snorkel and then we went to Caye Caulker. We went to two different areas of the reef. We snorkeled with rays, didn't see any sharks. (Nor did we two years ago!..I don't know what happended to them...the guides tell us they haven't seen any in about 1 1/2 years!) "Henni" (sp?) is the lead guide on this tour and she did a wonderful job! She is from Caye Caulker and had a lot of interesting facts to share with us. You meet them at Hammerhead Sharks Tour across from the Wet Lizard. We had about an hour or so to shop in the port city..but we mainly stayed at the Wet Lizard. They make GREAT drinks! We will be in Belize again in March and will take them again!

I'm hesitant to book right at the docks. Is that okay to do? It was only $10? I've NEVER snorkeled before. I would prefer it if it were just me and my husband and a guide going. Do they do that?

How long did the snorkel take? I'd like to shop afterwards.

I think he meant the deposit was $10. Usually it's done with a group. You could probably get a private guide but it would be $$$. Booking at the pier is not a problem. Many people do that. We usually try to book in advance for the convenience, and just so we can pay some, or all, of it in advance.

Archived