Lindquist beach

jackdiamond

Yes we have been to this beach recently. It is very beautiful and I have never seen it crowded. Megans Bay authority has taken it over and it is now clean and safe. They don't rent chairs there, but we live here and always bring our own chairs to any beach we visit. There is a lifeguard, sometimes two. There are two entrances to the beach now called Smith Bay Beach and you won't know which one is open until you get there. There is a charge just like there is a charge for megans. No food stands, but right up the road is a Chesters Chicken where you can get fried chicken or pizza and take it to the beach. We enjoy talking to Sherwin, one of the lifeguards. He loves to talk and we get into very interesting discussions and when we disagree on something it gets even better!

Enjoy

• 1 month later...
Yes we have been to this beach recently. It is very beautiful and I have never seen it crowded. Megans Bay authority has taken it over and it is now clean and safe. They don't rent chairs there, but we live here and always bring our own chairs to any beach we visit. There is a lifeguard, sometimes two. There are two entrances to the beach now called Smith Bay Beach and you won't know which one is open until you get there. There is a charge just like there is a charge for megans. No food stands, but right up the road is a Chesters Chicken where you can get fried chicken or pizza and take it to the beach. We enjoy talking to Sherwin, one of the lifeguards. He loves to talk and we get into very interesting discussions and when we disagree on something it gets even better!

Enjoy

mister exec,

Could you tell me if Lindquist gets real crowded at the holidays? We are planning on getting married on Lindquist the day before Thanksgiving (Nov 25, 2009). The photographer and my wedding coordinator are concerned that because it is a locals hangout that it may become very crowded. Since you are from there, have you ever witnessed this? Thank you for any information you could give.

• 3 weeks later...

Marksgirl - Lindquist (and Magens, Coki, Brewers) are popular on holidays and weekends with residents heading to the beach on their day off. The day before Thanksgiving is not a holiday. Thanksgiving Day and the day after (its often the day after that continues the holiday and not the day before :) ) there is likely to be a bit more people at the beaches with residents having it off.

--Islander

• 1 month later...

After much research found out that

Lindquist Beach is an undeveloped area.

There are essentially no amenities available on this beach, which means entertainment, food and drinks, and water rentals are not available,

So be sure to bring something to eat or drink if you don't want to have to go roaming for a meal.

Marksgirl - Lindquist (and Magens, Coki, Brewers) are popular on holidays and weekends with residents heading to the beach on their day off. The day before Thanksgiving is not a holiday. Thanksgiving Day and the day after (its often the day after that continues the holiday and not the day before :) ) there is likely to be a bit more people at the beaches with residents having it off.

--Islander

Islander~

Thank you for your response. Sorry it took me so long to thank you. Work has been busy and I've not been on the boards in a while. Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived