Arriving Oriana Jul 24 Departing QM2 Jul 24?

bahrain_not_dubai!

Firstly I wanted to post this in the P&O section and it got accdently in the 'user guidlines area' I dont know if the mod purposly moved it there because iv broken a rule or I clicked the wrong board by accdent. So if I have broken a rule I apologise.

I am considering doing a cruise on the Oriana which arrives back at Southampton on the 24th of July and their website say all passengers must be off by 11am. However later that day I wil have to be on the RMS Queen Mary 2….

Would you think it is a good idea playing things these tight? How is the transfer from the Mayflower terminal to the QEII Terminal like? Would the ship be delayed?

Thank You All!

No problem. You can get off Oriana from 9am - most off by 10am these days, the ports are very close you can walk or get a taxi, the ship sails usually at 5pm, boarding from about 11.30am, so if anything you may have to wait around a bit to board your second cruise!

Here is a link to a port map of southampton docks so you can see how close the 2 terminals are (I have sailed from both)

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/plans.htm

CLICK ON PORT PLAN

No problem. You can get off Oriana from 9am - most off by 10am these days,

Sometimes it is not quite straightforward as LibraLass suggests. Out of our modest total of five cruises, two have docked late, one the result of the baggage conveyor breaking down, and the other as a result of rough seas.

On both occasions we were off by 2pm though.

Mary

I would like to ask if I should choose a cruise which departs July 11 goes to Norway on the Oceana and comes back on the 17th, giving me 5 days to kill before sailing on the QM2 and compromise on the ship (really want to try Oriana or Aurora) As P&O are sister companys with Cuanrd can they give us some sort of priorty departing? (I dont mind killing time in the Cunard terminal)

What would you do in those five days? Perhaps some sight-seeing in UK?.

Up to you, but pando are very good at getting back into port by around 6.30am on the last day It is very rare they are late in, and you would have plenty of time to get onboard on the same day - last time of boarding for a 5pm sailaway is 4pm I think...

I've done 6 pando cruises and have never been late back, .... which cruiselines were late back for you Mary? As Mary says should be off by 2pm at latest anyway as they 'pull out the stops' to get in ontime, otherwise the next ship load of cruisers would have to be put up in a hotel.

I've done 6 pando cruises and have never been late back, .... which cruiselines were late back for you Mary? As Mary says should be off by 2pm at latest anyway as they 'pull out the stops' to get in ontime, otherwise the next ship load of cruisers would have to be put up in a hotel.

Our late arriving cruises were on Marco Polo and Balmoral (Olsen), admittedly neither of them P&O, but breakdowns and bad weather can affect any line.

If I were the OP, I would ask the question of Carnival if possible; after all, they own both lines. I would then want the answer in writing.

Mary:)

Archived