Do I Go With A Ship Excursion Or Not???

Sashamcg

I have been to Grand Cayman twice before and stayed for a week. This will be my first cruise and GC is one of the stops. I looked at the excursions that my ship is offering (Westerdam 2/15-2/22) and I am not that excited about them. I really want to do the Stingray City tour but also other snorkel stops too. There are two excursions the ship is offering...one is the Stingray City Cruise & Island Drive where you got to only SC and then to Hell, a local rum shop and 7 mile beach. Well I have already been to those places. Then there is the Stingray City Sandbar Cruise and that only goes to SC too.

Now if I look online, I can go with Captain Marvin, who we used before and they not only go to SC but also two other stops. I am just worried about not booking through the ship. Do you think it will be ok???

We get to GC at 8:00am and leave at 4:00pm (board at 3:30).

Capt. Marvin has two trip options...one is a 1/2 day that is from 10am-1pm and there is a full day from 9:30-2:30. I would love to do the full day but I might be pressed for time do you think? Plus I was hoping to have a little shopping time in Georgetown...

I would appreciate any advice here on what to do. Thanks!

We just got back from the Ruby Princess it was our first cruise and we booked our own excursions. We did Moby Dick and he took us to Stingray City and we snorkeled also. He will drop you off at the ship, at 7 mile beach, or downtown to shop. We went downtown and shopped before taking a cab back to the ship. Moby Dick's was great but I am sure Capt. Marvin would be great too. Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived