Just off the Splendor, Jan 17 through the 24th.

gtidan

Returned last Saturday from our seven night adventure on the Splendor. My wife and I are 68 and 69 years old; this was our sixth cruise and first with Carnival.

Most likely also our last on Carnival as well. Why? Because we both enjoy early seating and the 'freestyle' approach. Since about everything else on the Splendor compares with similar ships for NCL or Princess........why not eat when you want? :cool:

In spite of the fact I booked the cruise almost a full year in advance we still were assigned late seating when we requested early. We tried to have it changed and received no help. If Carnival were to change to 'anytime dining' in the future we would try them again however.

You can read my review here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=51373

But before you do let me say I cannot get over the reviews I've read here about the decor of the ship. Specifically the amount of pink. Expecting to be bowled over by it my wife and I just laughed and wondered about what kind of people would let a ships decor ruin their vacation........wow. :confused:

Most everyone we spoke with thought the ship was beautiful and for someone to call a 275 million dollar investment cheap just does not have a grip on reality. Each room has at least two original oil paintings on the wall. You'll find oil paintings in most of all the public areas......all commissioned just for this ship. We loved the decor and thought it matched the goal of the designer.

Are Linkletter said it best years ago: People are funny!!! :)

Archived