swim with the dolphins or waverunners out to see stingrays?

jaredcoreymama

We are completely torn about which tour to do. We have a 10 and an 8 year old and can't decide whether we should do the Royal Swim with the dolphins or do the waverunner tour out to the stingrays. This is our first cruise and they both look awesome! Any suggestions?

didnt do the stingrays...but recently did the dolphins...i think its pricey (we got lucky & were comped)...about $150/person for the "ultimate"

but it was well worth it. i think to just get in the water & pet dolphins is a lot less...but is nowhere near the fun. very memorable experience.

ron

I'm actually not sure if shoretrips dot com's excursion is dolphin cove or dolphin discovery. The price I saw on their website (dolphin encounter) was $103 which I thought was very reasonable. I think Dolphin Discovery was about $99 so its only a few bucks more....if its Dolphin Discovery (which is the one that doesn't give a refund so the extra few dollars is worth it). With dolphin cove's website I couldn't find any prices. Also, they state on their website refunds only with 48 hours notice so I would def get it in writing that they will give you a full refund if the ship does not dock.

I got all the pricing info from Dolphin Cove in the initial email I receieved. This also stated the 48 hrs cancel policy BUT included that there is a full refund if the ship was unable to tender.

Another nice thing is that DOlphin Cove included transportation. There was someone waiting as soon as we got to the pier with our name in a sign. We went in a A/C'd bus over to Dolphin Cove and they brought us back when we were done....we had the choice of being dropped off somewhere in town or over at the pier parking lot.

I am planning on writing my review this weekend.

Archived