Really scary thing happened in PV

sparkle56

Okay, well, I suppose the world must have its share of skeptics. But please don't blame the victims or the messenger, and please don't imply that my post was fabricated because it was not.

We would not go horseback riding in Puerto Vallarta now because of this incident. To each his own on that.

And for those who said it wasn't Princess' fault, that's true. But they run shore excursion promos 24/7 on the ship, there is info in the Patters, and they have shore x meetings on ship. . .all of which emphasize the complete safety of their chosen excursions as well as the fact you are guaranteed not to be left behind if there is a delay. Princess warns about spiked tequila, I hope they look at this incident and warn about it.

And actually, in spite of previous complete satisfaction, and therefore, complete loyalty to the Princess line, there was such an overall downturn in service and usual Princess quality on this cruise we have decided not to book with them in the future.

Okay, well, I suppose the world must have its share of skeptics. But please don't blame the victims or the messenger, and please don't imply that my post was fabricated because it was not.

We would not go horseback riding in Puerto Vallarta now because of this incident. To each his own on that.

And for those who said it wasn't Princess' fault, that's true. But they run shore excursion promos 24/7 on the ship, there is info in the Patters, and they have shore x meetings on ship. . .all of which emphasize the complete safety of their chosen excursions as well as the fact you are guaranteed not to be left behind if there is a delay. Princess warns about spiked tequila, I hope they look at this incident and warn about it.

And actually, in spite of previous complete satisfaction, and therefore, complete loyalty to the Princess line, there was such an overall downturn in service and usual Princess quality on this cruise we have decided not to book with them in the future.

I have read this thread with interest as we are doing this in April. And as I posted earlier crime is on the increase in Mexico as reported by the newspapers and my just retired congressman a couple of weeks ago.

We did this tour last year tequila and sightseeing only and we spent over an hour at the T factory. Enjoyed it but would not go horse back riding there or anyplace else. Nothing against horses we love them.

Now there is a however. I don't believe Hitner was questioning your honesty or integrity he was being skeptical because he lives there and had no evidence of it. I think he was the only skeptic, nothing wrong with that.

Another however, your last paragraph was somewhat reminisce of what Hitner was saying to you. You are not going to go with Princess again because "there was such an overall downturn in service and the usual Princess quality". Would you please be specific and detail your complaints if you would not mind

We have noticed no downturn in Princess quality or service personally. We just got off the Tahitian in September it was fine, the Golden in February it was fine, the Diamond the previous September and will be on the Sapphire in April and the Island in August.

Certainly some cruises are better than others but to make what appears to be an all encompassing statement after complete satisfaction seems ---?

Perhaps if Princess had done more for the unfortunate couple it would mediate your opinion somewhat. I don't know. If they did comp the cruise they would want a signed release and if it was me I wouldn't sign one if I wanted to sue them, if I didn't I would sign.

My opinion only. Thank goodness they are ok.

Jack for

Wow you guys:(....I'm am on this cruise next week and as a 1st time cruiser got to tell you I'm a little nervous since my partner insists on doing the horseback riding!!:confused: My idea was to stay on the ship at port and enjoy the quiet. LOL I guess @#*& Happens everywhere and the lesson here is watch your surroundings. I plan on having a great time and if those Banditos want a piece of me they better watch out:cool::D:p LOL

Wow, I sure appreciate these boards, there is so much we are unaware of. I also appreciate everyones opinions whether some agree with each of them or not, what a cool place to get information. Does anyone have any exp with the famous Frank's horse tour? I think it is out of Mazatlan.

Wow, I sure appreciate these boards, there is so much we are unaware of. I also appreciate everyones opinions whether some agree with each of them or not, what a cool place to get information. Does anyone have any exp with the famous Frank's horse tour? I think it is out of Mazatlan.

Mazatlan Frank does numerous tours in Mazatlan, but if you are referring to horses, maybe Randi's Happy Horses is who you mean?

I find it odd that this has not been posted anywhere else on the internet other than the one dodgy looking freenews link. I have no doubt the OP is telling the absolute truth about what they were told at dinner but I just wonder about the originator of the story.

Ok, pardon me for being a skeptic, but since we live in PV 2 months a year we do have some interest in the post. Over the past year there have been several posts on various BBs telling of crimes committed in PV (somebody recently posted that they were held up by machine guns on Basillo Badillo (unlikely since its a major street in the Romantic Zone). Stories about bandits on horseback have been around here for years...but again with no news support or facts. Perhaps these tales are true, but than you would have to believe there is a conspiricy to cover up these crimes by the more than 50,000 American/Canadian residents, 2 English newspapers, the Mexican papers, and the cruise lines (do you think they would run tours if there was a high risk). So, until I can confrim these kind of tales through legit newsmedia or through local contacts, I am a doubter. Does crime happen here,,,,sure. We know a young lady that was mugged two years ago (the police caught the muggers within minutes). Just because anyone can post anything on the internet does not mean every post is accurate.

Hank

I totally agree.......haven't heard this story on any of the PV threads.....and LOL at the machine guns on Basillo Badillo .....HAHAHAHAHA Maybe a movie was being filmed???

I was just in Kelowna BC for 6 days there was a hit and run, one shooting and something else that had the RCMP out in full force doing a road check yesterday afternoon.

I have stated over and over again I feel safer in PV then I do most parts of Canada and USA.

I totally agree.......haven't heard this story on any of the PV threads.....and LOL at the machine guns on Basillo Badillo .....HAHAHAHAHA Maybe a movie was being filmed???

I was just in Kelowna BC for 6 days there was a hit and run, one shooting and something else that had the RCMP out in full force doing a road check yesterday afternoon.

I have stated over and over again I feel safer in PV then I do most parts of Canada and USA.

I tend to agree with you but PV has its share of problems and Mexico in general is very dangerous mainly due to the drug cartels.

That being said PV is a lovely city and with normal precautions you will never have a problem. There are exception sure but have you ever ridden the subway in NYC?

I'll say again we did this very same excursion last year without horses had a great time. We will be in PV in April and think we will just walk the beach, drink beer and eat shrimp.

NASCAR is back.:D:D:cool:

Jack

for the

Puerto Vallarta has parts of the city that I would not want to go through just like any other city. I also think the media tends to over dramatize to get the sales and ratings.....:rolleyes:

>>>>Mexico in general is very dangerous mainly due to the drug cartels.<<<<<<<

To me that statement is total over-generalization. it is like saying Disneyland is very dangerous due to the gangs in LA. LOL we were driving to Disneyland, got diverted on the I-5 due to the filming of the last Die Hard movie and actually got lost in Gangland, very scary.

Drug Cartels have not been a problem in PV just as gangs are not a problem in Disneyland :)

it is all good, just keep your wits about you like you would anywhere.

For quincytoo.

You certainly are free to make whatever assertion you want and I support your right to do so.

However, let me refer you to http://mexidata,info//id1945.html Mexico data.Info to an article by Carlos Linken Columnist, Mexico Based business man and consultant. You might change your mind.

Also any number of articles by Congressman Tom Tancredo R Colo.

Archived