Wi-fi and IPhone

I know I can bring my own laptop and pay to connect to the ship's wi-fi. But does anyone know if the same works with the IPhone? :confused:

I'll be on the Navigator in March and was wondering if I could just pay for wi-fi and use my IPhone to connect to the internet without having to pay extra data charges to my carrier.

I know I can bring my own laptop and pay to connect to the ship's wi-fi. But does anyone know if the same works with the IPhone? :confused:

I'll be on the Navigator in March and was wondering if I could just pay for wi-fi and use my IPhone to connect to the internet without having to pay extra data charges to my carrier.

Glad you asked this CruisinMermaid I have the same question :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have an Iphone and used it on a Radiance cruise last February. I have to tell you that I only used the wi-fi for the few minutes I got in my C&A coupon book. I was able to check in for a return flight using it. It was SLOW as I recall. You do have to be careful about having the phone on as you can incur charges for the phone portion while on-line if a call comes through. . .

I did have it on when we were at our home port and used it for data through the edge network - no problem there.

Did NOT use the phone at all on my Freedom cruise in July. Did not have any need.

Can't give you much info, so not sure if I've helped you at all . . .

Archived